Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 06:41 PM

Default Re: How is this an autocall?

I dunno, I think hes pretty loose pushing in these spots. Lets just say he hasnt folded once to me since Party went down late in game in SB vs BB spots
Old 10-15-2006, 06:41 PM

55%
Old 10-15-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting.....What do we think his range was? I bet it was +EV after all when combined with metagame reasons, makes this a slam dunk call in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing about metagame considerations, if this guy knows what he is doing, he will keep doing the right thing, if you consider he probably knows who you are and that you will on the balance of probabilities, be doing what you should. So if this makes him tighter vs you, then it can only be on account of him pushing too loose in the first instance. Unless of course he sucks, then its open season.

Mack
Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting.....What do we think his range was? I bet it was +EV after all when combined with metagame reasons, makes this a slam dunk call in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing about metagame considerations, if this guy knows what he is doing, he will keep doing the right thing, if you consider he probably knows who you are and that you will on the balance of probabilities, be doing what you should. So if this makes him tighter vs you, then it can only be on account of him pushing too loose in the first instance. Unless of course he sucks, then its open season.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

If the right thing for him is to fold to me more often, I gain from this, even if he is playing more optimally.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM

I call anything given 2:1, but this isn't quite there... very close though. Running this on twodimes you are a 55 to 45 edge with the Q5o... the call was correct.

Also, it is a lot easier to call when you will have enough chips to make the money if you lose.

I probably don't make this call, but it was correct.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:48 PM

calling anything getting 2-1 4 handed is not a great policy.

citanul
Old 10-15-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call anything given 2:1, but this isn't quite there... very close though. Running this on twodimes you are a 55 to 45 edge with the Q5o... the call was correct.

Also, it is a lot easier to call when you will have enough chips to make the money if you lose.

I probably don't make this call, but it was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, just wow. so many things wrong here it makes me sad. learn icm and how to apply it
Old 10-15-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

If the right thing for him is to fold to me more often, I gain from this, even if he is playing more optimally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, all I'm saying is he won't play tighter on account that you might make incorrect calls, given the knows you are solid, unless he's a total idiot. Not arguing your point at all, you are 100% correct.

Mack
Old 10-15-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, all I'm saying is he won't play tighter on account that you might make incorrect calls, given the knows you are solid, unless he's a total idiot. Not arguing your point at all, you are 100% correct.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he might play tighter than he would have if I seemed overly tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2006, 07:00 PM

Yeah if he had you down for a nit, I suppose he would take the piss, good point.

Mack