Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Scotty Nguyen on WSOP last night

[ QUOTE ]
Let me be as clear as the stage two HIV outbreak on TheB and his buddies face......My point was Scotty should never have done what he did. There was no need. None whatsoever. He made a horrible, horrible, move and it potentially cost him tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars over the coarse of his career (endorsements, speaking, books, etc). He did not need to stop playing poker...just tighten up a bit and prepare for the next day. Remember, they were at the final table bubble. One of the short stacks would be gone soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took two not one bustout out to set the FT.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:32 PM

when i was reading the live updates for this year's main event, i was really disappointed to see scotty bust. i don't have a big problem with how he played, i was just really pulling for him to win it all bc it would've been great to see a pro actually win the damn thing and scotty is good for poker in general.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me be as clear as the stage two HIV outbreak on TheB and his buddies face......My point was Scotty should never have done what he did. There was no need. None whatsoever. He made a horrible, horrible, move and it potentially cost him tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars over the coarse of his career (endorsements, speaking, books, etc). He did not need to stop playing poker...just tighten up a bit and prepare for the next day. Remember, they were at the final table bubble. One of the short stacks would be gone soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well that changes everything.....lol
Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well that changes everything.....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. It could mean the difference of another 2, 3, 4 hours of play. But Scotty wouldn't worry about that would he because he would just click "away from table" and call it a night and go to his hotel room, per your advise.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 PM

You are such a tard. Go back and read my posts. I never said Scotty should have bags his chips and gone to his room. I am having a battle of wits with some defenseless bafoons. I am done! Think whatever you want to think. All I was doing was making an observation. Isn't that what these boards are for. And for my observation I get flamed. I have better things to do with my time. Enjoy your next spooning session with your like minded friends.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] spoiler alert

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a spoiler? The title tells you exactly what the thread is about. If you haven't watched it yet, don't read. Pretty simple.

Also, if you don't know by now where Scotty finished in the main event that ended in late July, where the hell have you been?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, what is the difference between Scotty placing 11th or 4th? Regardless of how huge a favorite he is, he's probally not going to finish first.

I mean, everyone know's he finished 11th. Can you tell me who finished 3rd off the top of your head? I cant, because i dont particularly care.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 PM

Professional poker players are humans; they make mistakes. Ok, so Scotty c/r all-in drawing dead, but did you ever think about how many brilliant plays Scotty made to get there?

Oh, and tightening up towards the cash/TV bubble is the last thing a pro would do. They always take advantage of it. The cash bubble was the main reason why Lee Watkinson got all those chips.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:10 PM

Scotty Nguyen has a tendency to fold under pressure down the stretch. If you don't believe me, watch any of the WPT final tables he made.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, everyone know's he finished 11th. Can you tell me who finished 3rd off the top of your head? I cant, because i dont particularly care.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I remember who finished third, and not only that, but I also remember the hand that knocked the guy out. It's hard not to.