Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Immortal Technique

[ QUOTE ]
I think he sucks. He sounds like a poor-mans Nas. He sounds all nasally when he raps and his flow isnt very smooth IMO. Plus he is some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist or something and thinks he knows everything about everything but I dont think he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

You pretty much have no clue what you're talking about.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is the only rapper I really like. In his song "4th branch of the government" where he says "Peter Jennings is just a new age Sally Hemmings" is [censored] brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
"this is the information they hold back from peter jennings, cause condoleezza rice is just a new age sally hemmings"
Old 06-25-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is the only rapper I really like. In his song "4th branch of the government" where he says "Peter Jennings is just a new age Sally Hemmings" is [censored] brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]
"this is the information they hold back from peter jennings, cause condoleezza rice is just a new age sally hemmings"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I was listening to the song too when I wrote it down.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 PM

Immortal technique is very good.

but

Talib Kweli > IT
Old 06-25-2007, 11:19 PM

Been bumping Immortal for a few years now.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he sucks. He sounds like a poor-mans Nas. He sounds all nasally when he raps and his flow isnt very smooth IMO. Plus he is some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist or something and thinks he knows everything about everything but I dont think he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually everything he said was true. Even if you like IT you have to admit everything he said is valid. His flow isn't smooth, he is a conspiracy theorist, and is intellectually dishonest or ignorant.

I can see why people who don't listen to rap much like him. He is different, and has a style that sounds smart. Just because someone is rapping about something other than drugs and money doesn't mean their lyrics are good. I remember when he got schooled on freestyle friday he came out all intense and got embarrassed. He really isn't good at all, and gets by on a gimmick.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually everything he said was true. Even if you like IT you have to admit everything he said is valid. His flow isn't smooth, he is a conspiracy theorist, and is intellectually dishonest or ignorant.

I can see why people who don't listen to rap much like him. He is different, and has a style that sounds smart. Just because someone is rapping about something other than drugs and money doesn't mean their lyrics are good. I remember when he got schooled on freestyle friday he came out all intense and got embarrassed. He really isn't good at all, and gets by on a gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think IT has a great blend of biting choppy flow (oxymoron?) and non-traditional topics.

I know what point your trying to make but think it applies more to rappers like Papoose who try to get political but come across ignorant when they do.

IT has more political knowledge. Not just when compared to other rappers, but more than most people in general.

Also, rapping about the Wolfowitz Doctrine is cool.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually everything he said was true.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, almost everything he said could is either debatable or true, except he is def not nasally, and the poor man's Nas thing is just retarded and sure makes it seem like he has no idea what he is talking about. Also, his flow is not 'smooth' but it's still good, and crazy, ignorant, completely incorrect conspiracy theorist> most popular rapper's subject matter
Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually everything he said was true.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, almost everything he said could is either debatable or true, except he is def not nasally, and the poor man's Nas thing is just retarded and sure makes it seem like he has no idea what he is talking about. Also, his flow is not 'smooth' but it's still good, and crazy, ignorant, completely incorrect conspiracy theorist> most popular rapper's subject matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's basically what I meant, nicely put.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:26 AM

The homie Diabolic destroyed the hidden track at the very end of Dance With The Devil. Download it if you haven't heard it.

"What you worship defeats the purpose like President Bush taking bullets for the secret service"

Wow.