Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 100NL 150BBs Deep SO SICK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to make sure people aren't missing the flop action.

I bet $10. I get CHECK-RAISED to $35 and then CO cold calls $35 not knowing what I am going to do. CO has me beat here the majority of the time even though I'm ahead of UTG+1's range.

Also did you see CO's stats? He could easily have KJ/JJ. Not saying I am folding ever but to say shove the flop is pretty silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why if you were the CO, why you would call there with KJ? It seems like there are a ton of bad cards for you on the turn. Any A,T,Q,K,J spade which has to be somewhere near 20 cards or close to half the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't cold call obviously but I can't speak for my opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
You only assume this because of OP's posting. In game you have no reason to assume any of that, and there's no way you just flat put a guy on KJ here. I mean, if you can, then nh I guess, but I see no reason to assume I'm beat, and there's alot of cards I don't want to see on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that, but the quote I replied to asked why he would just call there with KJ.

I doubt he has JJ here and we are not afraid of it. He def. has a good hand and I would exclude AA/QQ from his range. There are 15 combinations of AQ/AT/QT and 16 combinations of KJ. If he would play all these hands this way then you are beat ~50% of the time so given 3+:1 it's a call.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to include A8 kind of hands...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM

what are utg+1's stats?

CO is 28/7 so his pf cold-calling range is quite wide.
so i like a squeeze pf to like $15/16
if called it makes your hand eaiser to play post-flop.

as played, i like flop as you have position and don't fold out weaker hands.

CO's line looks strong, but it will include 2pair, so shove turn.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Meh, now the action is even stranger. Why would he slowplay a made hand that is obviously vulnerable too some sort of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never get these sort of posts. He's an idiot. That's why we make money playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying. But how else do you put the Villain on a range of hands. I know Villain's make mistakes and it's dumb to suggest they play like us. But I think it's also bad to just assume that we're behind just because he cold-called a flop check raise.

We're behind 3 types of hands AA,QQ,KJ. And since he flat called preflop, we need to discount AA and QQ. He definitly could have KJ given that he flat called preflop, but I think a hand like KQ or AJ or AT possibly AQ is just as likely. I also think that Villain's won't always slow play KJ there since theirs the obviously flush draw. And we have decent equity against KJ.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Meh, now the action is even stranger. Why would he slowplay a made hand that is obviously vulnerable too some sort of outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never get these sort of posts. He's an idiot. That's why we make money playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying. But how else do you put the Villain on a range of hands. I know Villain's make mistakes and it's dumb to suggest they play like us. But I think it's also bad to just assume that we're behind just because he cold-called a flop check raise.

We're behind 3 types of hands AA,QQ,KJ. And since he flat called preflop, we need to discount AA and QQ. He definitly could have KJ given that he flat called preflop, but I think a hand like KQ or AJ or AT possibly AQ is just as likely. I also think that Villain's won't always slow play KJ there since theirs the obviously flush draw. And we have decent equity against KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that we don't know which cards complete the Villains' draws, so it doesn't make sense for us to wait and see if a safe card comes on the turn.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying. But how else do you put the Villain on a range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

um by knowing what bad players actually do... also a bad heory is typically worse than no theory.

I get the money in here but fo sho he has us beat pretty often.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Am I seriously the only one that has seen CO make this play with AK, a flush draw, J9, and tons of two pair? Donks overestimate their strength all the time. You are def behind to oversets, JK, and J9 but seriously dude like 3.5:1. I'm never folding this.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I seriously the only one that has seen CO make this play with AK, a flush draw, J9, and tons of two pair? Donks overestimate their strength all the time. You are def behind to oversets, JK, and J9 but seriously dude 2:1. I'm never folding this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but with those hands, he's more likely to bet than call, which is why I really don't like shoving flop. I shove turn though because a river spade can kill action.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying. But how else do you put the Villain on a range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

um by knowing what bad players actually do... also a bad heory is typically worse than no theory.

I get the money in here but fo sho he has us beat pretty often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your statement that we're beat here 'pretty often' is misleading because that would suggest we're beat here more than 50% of the time which I think is pretty clear that we're not. And the times we're beat, we're likely to have around 30% equity against the COs range on the flop (since QQ and AA should make a small portion of his range given preflop). Whereas, when the CO is behind, his equity is likely to be closer to 12%-25%.