Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Re: daniel n busto?

[ QUOTE ]
Very possible as he is not very intelligent. I mean he didn't even graduate from high school!

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he's smarter than you.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He lost a bunch in golf, probably around 500k + he lost a million in the big game, as detailed on FCP.

I'm sure he's not busto. But it wouldn't surprise me if these losses cut his bankroll in half.

[/ QUOTE ]

link to FCP blog?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:21 PM

I doubt he's busto. If he has a $10 million bankroll, losing $1 million is very significant and it would be hard for anyone to handle losing that kind of money. It's not on the same level as losing $100 out of a $1000 bankroll, or even $10,000 from $100K.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today's "Stu Ungars" have a problem staying broke - too much "other" money (promotions) enables those "go offs" to stay in action.

What about: Phil - Gus - Ted - Mike M. - same "ship" as Daniel - borrow from each other - then find someway to give the $$$$$ away. (there are others involved in that loaning pool)

If those are your "hero's", one does not comprehend the fact the game is measured by accumulating dollars, not blowing dollars.

Five Hundred Thousand could be one round of golf in the correct circumstances.

KATHY [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
In pretty much every instance that you used quotes in this post, they were unnecessary.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he's busto. If he has a $10 million bankroll, losing $1 million is very significant and it would be hard for anyone to handle losing that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your number of $10M is probably off by about $5-7M. The replies that state his bankroll was probably chopped in half are likely in the right neighborhood. The key is how much he has taken off the table.

He has investments, takes care of mommy, the wife, perhaps Evelyn Ng still (so she doesn't pull a Brandi and spill her guts re. him on this board). I'd put the O/U at $2.5M in bankroll. One more bad year and we may see this topic come up again.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd put the O/U at $2.5M in bankroll. One more bad year and we may see this topic come up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the over because if it was 2.5 mil, he'd be putting up anywhere from 60 to 80% of his roll to play in the 4k/8k game…and that ain't right
Old 12-21-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he's busto. If he has a $10 million bankroll, losing $1 million is very significant and it would be hard for anyone to handle losing that kind of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your number of $10M is probably off by about $5-7M. The replies that state his bankroll was probably chopped in half are likely in the right neighborhood. The key is how much he has taken off the table.

He has investments, takes care of mommy, the wife, perhaps Evelyn Ng still (so she doesn't pull a Brandi and spill her guts re. him on this board). I'd put the O/U at $2.5M in bankroll. One more bad year and we may see this topic come up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

DN is a multi-millionaire, I have overheard him say when asked that he "will never play on scared money for the rest of his life". His endorsements with FCP, his book deal, his video game and other entities pay him enormous amounts of money.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:28 PM

I also understand that he was paid a fair amount by the Wynn when he used to represent their poker room ... or host it, whatever.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he's busto. If he has a $10 million bankroll, losing $1 million is very significant and it would be hard for anyone to handle losing that kind of money. It's not on the same level as losing $100 out of a $1000 bankroll, or even $10,000 from $100K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure you pulled your suppositions straight out of your bunghole. so let me just say it's entirely possible for Daniel, or any other seemingly robusto big-name pro, to go busto. The way these guys gamble on golf, sports, etc. can easily create multi-million dollar swings and devastate their roll before they even realize it.

Fwiw, I think Doyle took a lot of money from the younger guys this year omn the golf course.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about: Phil - Gus - Ted - Mike M. - same "ship" as Daniel - borrow from each other - then find someway to give the $$$$$ away. (there are others involved in that loaning pool

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's to say Phil Ivey blows his money? Sure he plays the highest stakes games and is an all-around action junkie, but no one has ever heard of him being low on cash. Just because he loves action does not automatically equate him to a Matusow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quoting this just in case someone didn't read this wisdom gem the first time around.