Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Two Super Fun Hands

doc,

I think people are much more likely to raise top pair hands or a hand like Jacks/tens in hand 2 because of hero's aggressiveness and the fact that people always seem to think people have AK.

In a limped/raised pot and that flop, for hand 1, I don't think you see a villain who is bitching about bad beats raising less than pocket sevens or a sexy pair/flush draw.

It's usually a set or 86/56.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way in hell that a shove in Hand 1 is standard. Folding is more standard than shoving.

Hand 2 I think I get it in and it's much closer to a "I'm not considering folding."

Basically

Hand 1: I lean towards a fold

Hand 2: I lean towards a shove

[/ QUOTE ]

His range includes so many draws that folding the first hand is def. giving up EV in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't.

People who limp call and pull this stuff have like two pair/sets/straight (nuts) or a ridiculously good draw that is basically ahead of AA anyway.

I'd like to know results because these uncreative limp callers don't play big draws like 2+2ers.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Hand 1 is a shove IMO. IP you could call and shove over his turn lead (or bet if checked to) on a safe turn, but OOP it just stinks.

Hand 2 is an instashove. The thing other folks are not realizing is that if your RR raise is wide enough that you are routinely RR AQo+ and presumably AJs+, or wider, then villains will be calling with a wide enough range that they have to shove these flops with hands other than AA/KK/sets. They will turn up with JTs or KQo or AK here very often. If you fold here, you need to stop RR AQo.

edit: oops, it's AQs. My comments still stand if you're reraising wider than just AQs+, which you probably are.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way in hell that a shove in Hand 1 is standard. Folding is more standard than shoving.

Hand 2 I think I get it in and it's much closer to a "I'm not considering folding."

Basically

Hand 1: I lean towards a fold

Hand 2: I lean towards a shove

[/ QUOTE ]

His range includes so many draws that folding the first hand is def. giving up EV in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't.

People who limp call and pull this stuff have like two pair/sets/straight (nuts) or a ridiculously good draw that is basically ahead of AA anyway.

I'd like to know results because these uncreative limp callers don't play big draws like 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain had 75s in hand 1. I have 54% equity against that hand fwiw.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 PM

I lean towards fold hand 1, definately not shove, probably call, and shove safe turn, fold bad ones.

2 - Dunno why you either 3 bet or bet flop, but once you do both of those, commmmmmon [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img](though call isn't bad if your planning on calling no matter what comes)
Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lean towards fold hand 1, definately not shove, probably call, and shove safe turn, fold bad ones.

2 - Dunno why you either 3 bet or bet flop, but once you do both of those, commmmmmon [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img](though call isn't bad if your planning on calling no matter what comes)

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference in EV between shoving now and waiting and having to fold sometimes on the turn can't be that great. By shoving the flop, we guarantee a +EV situation. Check/folding bad turns is obv. 0 EV.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 PM

umm, the difference between the turn EV and flop is f'in huge ...
Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do people just not read their own threads or what? i posted that 4 hours ago.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming villains still stacks off on the turn with a draw correct? If villain folds his draw on the turn then I would think there would be little difference.

edit: Actually if villain folds the turn it isn't even close. Shoving the flop would be much better.