Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Best/Worst Date ideas and experiences

make it a suprise T.C. girls love the drama/excitment factor of a planed night out but with out any idea what they are doing/going. pick her up and do sushi/ with drinks. let here yap alot. stop at store on way home and let here pick out some candy/beer/bubblie that she likes and obv buy it. by this time you will know how to finish date. and um no limos/ballin/poker talk/monies talk. gl sir
Old 02-05-2007, 03:07 AM

i never really make a plan before going out on a date. i know many fun things to do in my area (san diego) and usually just read the girl/situation and figure out what would be the best given her vibe and the location. so some advice would be to hang out in an area that you know well so you can go with the flow and have a lot of fun options to choose from (my friends and i call it homefield advantage). on the flipside, exploring places that are new to both of you can be a great (and bonding) adventure also. you really don't need to spend a lot of money to make a good impression. if you are into each other just walking around together with no destination can be great.

some recent best date activities:

rooftop picnic
gokarting
surfing
live show (comedy and music)
beach (walk or fire)
GDAF (get drunk and [censored])
weekend in SF
hanging out at home with darts, atari, connect 4, and movies.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My tip for the youngins is that thought/effort >>>>>>>>> cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm generally pretty poor at dating, but when I've been "in the zone", this rule of thumb is definitely true.

Here's my best: it was the summer after I graduated high school. The girl and I were in a thrift store one day, and there was this awful, tacky pink shirt that she made me try on as a joke. We got some good laughs, she tried to make me buy it, but I didn't. A week later, though, I went and bought the shirt. A couple months later on her birthday, I told her I was taking her to breakfast. I picked her up, and made her put on a blindfold. I took her to her favorite breakfast place, and while she had the blindfold on put on the tacky pink shirt. So when we got there, I took off the blindfold from behind, so she was excited when she saw the place. Then when she finally saw me, it took her a second ti figure out the shirt, but when she did, she laughed for a long time. Whole thing cost maybe 15, 20 tops. She was butter the rest of the day.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:13 AM

This is what I'm doing for V day:

I'm taking this girl for a boat ride with dinner onboard. I think we are being served filet and 4 other courses. After dinner there is dancing and a 3 hour cruise around Newport Harbor. Hopefully we will drink alot of champagne. I also reserved a room at the Newport Beach Hilton with a hot tub in the room.

Total cost of date: $790

Total cost of airfare to get to So Cal: $215

Video taping sex on V Day: PRICELESS
Old 02-05-2007, 04:33 AM

Confusing post until I read down and found out you were talking about Valentine's day.

There's still plenty of time between now and V-day for me to forget though. I wish this were posted on more like Feb. 12th.

I guess if babysitting is available, it will be dinner and a movie. If not, either a box of chocolate or a book.

Or should I go with the flight, the cruise, the hotel and the video taping?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Confusing post until I read down and found out you were talking about Valentine's day.

There's still plenty of time between now and V-day for me to forget though. I wish this were posted on more like Feb. 12th.

I guess if babysitting is available, it will be dinner and a movie. If not, either a box of chocolate or a book.

Or should I go with the flight, the cruise, the hotel and the video taping?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think my plans are appropriate for a married couple (could be though).

How long have you guys been married?

You should do something that blows her mind.... on the days leading up to V-Day, act completely casual. Act like you guys arent going to be doing anything special (dinner and movie). I would probably plan something that she has always wanted to do; only you know the answer. I think the key for V Day to be special when your married is the element of surprise; my parents adn all my friends parents have lost all the magic they once had due to routine. She can't know that you have something special planned.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive made girls cry on presents and dates because it was so wonderful (their words) and spent less than $10 doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Details?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing I don't understand the is new fad of taking a girl shopping or running errands with you as a first date. I see this advice all the time and I guess I understand the principle of not trying too hard or whatever but surely a little bit of effort, say the amount required to go somewhere fun or that at least serves food is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone gives 1st date advice like that, it's a pretty good sign that you shouldn't listen to any advice from this person.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
derrrr,

my advice is obviously tailored to:

1) i thought we were only talking about Valentine's Day
2) with a girl you're fairly seriously about
3) and have been with for a while
4) in chicago

(man i really wanted to say tailored to taylor, so i'll put it down here.)

c

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm considering a bed & breakfast place in toronto, revamped hotels:

http://www.easyrez.com/index.php?opt...on=description

also what is the US law on passports driving INTO canada and BACK into the US? i am getting told 2 different things from both the gov't and people.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:52 PM

The bottom line is that valentines day is just like omaha 8 or better--people who try to get too fancy with it are wasting their time.

Stick to the basics--roses, chocolate covered strawberries from godiva, nice quiet dinner with a view.

Tay, I suggest that you take her home after dinner, and demand she wrap herself in festive green plastic wrap. Get the video tape rolling, bend her over a chair while tearing away the green plastic and become the next internet celebrity.