Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 08:37 AM

Default Re: $31 or $131

Paying full price for drinks at a bar is a sucker move for people that can't bring customers into a bar. Tip well, and continue paying close to nothing for booze. Enjoy your new arrangment with the bar.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:58 PM

if the food/drinks/service was terrible, maybe.

you were given free drinks and shown appreciated. I say speak up.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:13 PM

I'd just pay it and leave. If you brought them 150 customers, you made them a hell of a lot more than 100 bucks. Seriously, sports bars make $100 like nothing. I don't see this as a very big deal at all.

Maybe I'd give them some extra service in the future to sort of give them the $100 back, but I hate wasting time disputing a bill. No need to get anyone involved in this.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:19 PM

I think the manager gave you 100$ comp, most likely, rarely if you are running a tab can you mess it up that bad, the waitress would have known. I would have said real quick, hey, 31$ is this right? she would have said yes most likely, leave a 50$ and go.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just pay it and leave. If you brought them 150 customers, you made them a hell of a lot more than 100 bucks. Seriously, sports bars make $100 like nothing. I don't see this as a very big deal at all.

Maybe I'd give them some extra service in the future to sort of give them the $100 back, but I hate wasting time disputing a bill. No need to get anyone involved in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This says a lot about you.

ToT
Old 11-11-2006, 07:43 PM

Also, I dont know if this is the norm, but I do this a lot for friends of mine that are opening up a place, ie tonight, Im going to a charity event, and Ill probably end up bringing 30 or so people from there to a bar my buddy just opened, 99.9% of the time its understood I and the broad Im trying to nail drink for free.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I dont know if this is the norm, but I do this a lot for friends of mine that are opening up a place, ie tonight, Im going to a charity event, and Ill probably end up bringing 30 or so people from there to a bar my buddy just opened, 99.9% of the time its understood I and the broad Im trying to nail drink for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this has happened 1000 times.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I hate wasting time on stupid sh**. The same goes if I get overcharged. Usually, I'd rather just pay the extra $, than sit around another 10 minutes waiting for the dumb waitress to fix my bill.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I hate wasting time on stupid sh**. The same goes if I get overcharged. Usually, I'd rather just pay the extra $, than sit around another 10 minutes waiting for the dumb waitress to fix my bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it would be a real waste of time continuing your conversation with the friends you brought along while the dumb waitress fixed your bill.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:00 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This is similar to the logic I use to justify why I shoplift from large department stores and steal gas from coporate owned gas stations.

I figure, my family spends lots of money with them and so have I in the past, plus they make tons of money anyway.

Of course, in this situation, you didn't consider that most bars make the waitress pay for shortages.