Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Worst looks for guys that you see all the time

[ QUOTE ]
oh yah, crocs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

Seriously, WTF with the crocs, people. I'd be surprised if the tag on them when you purchase a pair doesn't say "Will Be Outdated Within 2 Years, You Will Laugh For An Entire Generation About People Who Thought These Looked Even Remotely Good At All"

I mean I'm often in favor of comfort over style in some respects, but once a guy actually steps foot into a pair of crocs, he has basically just admitted that he's 100% comfort, 0% style, and he might as well spend the rest of his days in drawstring sweatpants, a cotton robe from K-Mart, and never shave again.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(4) Phone or blackberry clipped on to your belt. This is the 2000's version of the pocket protector. Dork central.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is different from ipod how? Seems practical to me. Plus, you start stretching out your pocket, and it looks like a stain on many kinds of pants. I'm willing to say screw fashion pretty regularly if something is practical, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not different than an iPod. They both make you look like a douchebag when clipped onto your belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caring enough about fashion that you think somebody is a douchebag for doing something with an actual practical purpose strikes me as the epitome of douchebagginess and dumb, but oh well. I guess everybody's gotta get excited and feel they're separating themselves from the herd about something.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i saw some tool who was wearing flip flops, plaid shorts, a long sleeve white button up shirt, and a baseball cap on backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wear this quite often without the sideways baseball hat and don't think it's a bad look at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, tbh I usually avoid wearing long sleeves with shorts, but I do it sometimes with them rolled up. Aren't you like 40 anyways? Not an insult and sorry if you're not but clothes advice is going to be a very age dependent subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 26. I just don't take fasion cues from mannequins at The Gap.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:35 PM

Dress shoes with white socks.

Short sleeve shirts with ties.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i saw some tool who was wearing flip flops, plaid shorts, a long sleeve white button up shirt, and a baseball cap on backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wear this quite often without the sideways baseball hat and don't think it's a bad look at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, tbh I usually avoid wearing long sleeves with shorts, but I do it sometimes with them rolled up. Aren't you like 40 anyways? Not an insult and sorry if you're not but clothes advice is going to be a very age dependent subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorts and long sleeves seems like an inherent contradiction. Would you wear a parka and flip flops? A wet suit and a hat?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he might as well spend the rest of his days in drawstring sweatpants, a cotton robe from K-Mart, and never shave again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit at times this does have a certain appeal to me.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 PM

shorts with a button down, sleeves rolled up is not bad IMO. i don't like plaid shorts though. long sleeves / shorts can look dumb or awkward easily but it can certainly be done.

also i see nothing wrong with a long-sleeved pullover, rugby shirt or hoodie along with shorts
Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also i see nothing wrong with a long-sleeved pullover, rugby shirt or hoodie along with shorts

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what's wrong with this? I fail to see the problem.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really hate the super-skinny jeans + chunky retro high tops look that is in with the brooklyn hipsters these days.

also really not a fan of the artsy sorta-side-part shaggy hair with bangs thing, same crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's safe to say I hate most overboard hipster looks. There's like a fine line, especially with girls. Some look really cute and can pull off way more crap than others, but some just take it too far. Or even if they're cute I figure they're also retarded.

For guys, the line is much further back. I'm occasionally seen wearing jeans (normal fit, not tight), chuck taylors, and a plain or band t-shirt (hoody if it's chilly). I think that's fine. I guess it's sorta hipsterish, but whatever. I pretty much don't stick out anywhere. It's more when I see guys wearing hip knit hats in the middle of summer, painted on highwater jeans with a 28" waistline and a scraggly beard. Then I'm just thinking, "dude, you look ridiculous."
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(4) Phone or blackberry clipped on to your belt. This is the 2000's version of the pocket protector. Dork central.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is different from ipod how? Seems practical to me. Plus, you start stretching out your pocket, and it looks like a stain on many kinds of pants. I'm willing to say screw fashion pretty regularly if something is practical, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not different than an iPod. They both make you look like a douchebag when clipped onto your belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caring enough about fashion that you think somebody is a douchebag for doing something with an actual practical purpose strikes me as the epitome of douchebagginess and dumb, but oh well. I guess everybody's gotta get excited and feel they're separating themselves from the herd about something.

[/ QUOTE ]

know one said anything about caring enough about fashion. it's a worst look for guys thread. even if it's practical, it still may be a bad look.