Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Facebook etiquette question

I guess I'm an example of someone who's on Facebook / MySpace for no reason other than they heard it's the thing to do... It's some years since I finished university, I don't have people I want to keep in touch with I'm not in touch with already, and I never met anyone new through it. So not much point being on it!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:43 AM

If you're on facebook because everyone else is doing it, then experience it the same way everyone else experiences it. Add everyone you know, pay attention to and interact with the ones you want to.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Accept, wait a month, then defriend her. She won't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't confirmed this yet, but i was told facebook doesn't even notify people when you remove them as friends, it just silently removes them from your list and you from their's. so just ad her, wait a couple weeks, then remove.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 AM

Step 1) change Facebook privacy settings so that people have to be added as your friend to view any information
Step 2) leave her friend request in Facebook limbo for at least one full month. Don't accept or decline it; just let it sit as "one new friend request."
Step 3) deny friend request after several months
Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Accept, wait a month, then defriend her. She won't notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't confirmed this yet, but i was told facebook doesn't even notify people when you remove them as friends, it just silently removes them from your list and you from their's. so just ad her, wait a couple weeks, then remove.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. But being someone's FB friend does not entail keeping up contact at all. I'm friends with everyone I knew from HS and never talk to them.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Step 1) change Facebook privacy settings so that people have to be added as your friend to view any information
Step 2) leave her friend request in Facebook limbo for at least one full month. Don't accept or decline it; just let it sit as "one new friend request."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this seems to be how it's done. Actually it happened twice to me on MySpace: I sent friend requests to two people I'd once been very close to but had fallen out with, then after a break periodically tried unsucessfully to make up with. They both ignored my add request, then a month or so later quietly deleted it... and yes, it did feel like a snub! "You're not part of my life, we don't know each other any more, and I don't want to be reminded of your existence."
Old 05-31-2007, 02:21 PM

This is easy. Go to privacy, limited profile. Choose appropriate settings for people you dont want to diss but also dont want seeing all your private [censored]. Add her to limited profilde. Done.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this seems to be how it's done. Actually it happened twice to me on MySpace: I sent friend requests to two people I'd once been very close to but had fallen out with, then after a break periodically tried unsucessfully to make up with. They both ignored my add request, then a month or so later quietly deleted it... and yes, it did feel like a snub! "You're not part of my life, we don't know each other any more, and I don't want to be reminded of your existence."

[/ QUOTE ]yeah so why make other people feel bad for no reason dbag?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Shouldn't you be worried more about where the next meal is coming from instead of commiserating about burning Facebook bridges?

Just decline her if you don't want her in your list. Is this really considered a problem nowadays.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:32 PM

I just want to say that everyone who says add her then delete her a month later are giant pussies.