Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 20/40 Thin spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

to be completely honest i thought i was ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he gets out of line in multiplayer pots? And you're going to 3 bet him? I don't get it. I guess the 3 bet plan is ok if he's raising for a FSD OOP, which is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, your fold is horrid. And I think the bet is pretty bad too. Go Jets.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i don't like this turn bet at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think checking and calling is better?

what if its two bets back to me (when i know for SURE utg+1 is gonna try to isolate utg+1 from me)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're IN [censored] POSITION. WTF is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...what brett said.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

to be completely honest i thought i was ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is a weaktight nitty idiot who happened to pull a move probably for the first time in his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he gets out of line in multiplayer pots? And you're going to 3 bet him? I don't get it. I guess the 3 bet plan is ok if he's raising for a FSD OOP, which is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, your fold is horrid. And I think the bet is pretty bad too. Go Jets.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i don't like this turn bet at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think checking and calling is better?

what if its two bets back to me (when i know for SURE utg+1 is gonna try to isolate utg+1 from me)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're IN [censored] POSITION. WTF is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok brett.. relax.. my point is that sb is a fish in the game and everybody at the table knows this.

foxwoods 20/40 games are known to be extremely loose aggro/passive.. so my point is that utg+1 is a regular and i think if i dont bet this turn i'm missing out on some fold equity from utg+1 who is a regular and loose.. but not retarded.. if i have him for a pair and he makes the incorrect fold on the turn is that not profitable to make him do an incorrect fold and bet HU w/ the bad player?!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

foxwoods 20/40 games are known to be extremely loose aggro/passive.. so my point is that utg+1 is a regular and i think if i dont bet this turn i'm missing out on some fold equity from utg+1 who is a regular and loose.. but not retarded.. if i have him for a pair and he makes the incorrect fold on the turn is that not profitable to make him do an incorrect fold and bet HU w/ the bad player?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am relaxed, I just didn't understand why you're talking about checking and calling when you can check and see a free river. That's the second time in this thread where from one moment to the next you said something that made no sense in re: something you said just before. If you're drunk its cool, but that's your thing.

You're aiming for way too big a parlay here versus two guys who are alternatively nits and weak and crazy and out of line. Check the turn.

edit: oh, you're talking about checking the turn and calling the river? Well, if that's what you're talking about then it depends on what the river is, who bets, and who calls, etc. But the % of time you can make a good decision on the river is def greater than the % of time you get value from utg AND get the sb to make a bad fold or whatever else you want this turn bet to accomplish.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am relaxed, I just didn't understand why you're talking about checking and calling when you can check and see a free river. That's the second time in this thread where from one moment to the next you said something that made no sense in re: something you said just before. If you're drunk its cool, but that's your thing.

You're aiming for way too big a parlay here versus two guys who are alternatively nits and weak and crazy and out of line. Check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

again.....what brett said.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that turn fold is amazingly horrible. if one player turned over TT, and the other turned over JJ, the turn is still a call. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

bob i'm facing a call from a preflop caller for 2 bets cold and a preflop raiser calling my turn continuation bet.. and this is bad?

how many of my outs are live after the J pops up?

and say the river comes a Q or an A.. am i good? how many bets am i prepared to pay off if one of them comes?

[/ QUOTE ]

A king is live. even if you assume you will fold to an A or Q, you still have odd to call the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree the turn check is probably best.. the reason i bet initially was b/c i was pretty sure i was ahead and could force UTG+1 out w/ a better hand.. when SB raises.. utg+1 realizes im probably never folding for one bet.. and calls w/ his J.

for future reference say i check and SB bets, UTG+1 calls you peel?

also say i check they call check and the river is a Q.. what it doooooo?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you check and "peel?" Once you check the dealer is going to deal the river. You're in the cutoff right? Playing SB and utg+1? They both checked the turn, right?

This is where I'd notmally say WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GO JETS!

And on the river, again, you see the action. If the river goes bet-call, I'd prob raise and fold to more action from SB. If it goes bet-raise, well, then you've got a decision to make.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree the turn check is probably best.. the reason i bet initially was b/c i was pretty sure i was ahead and could force UTG+1 out w/ a better hand.. when SB raises.. utg+1 realizes im probably never folding for one bet.. and calls w/ his J.

also say i check they call check and the river is a Q.. what it doooooo?

[/ QUOTE ]

play poker.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you check and "peel?" Once you check the dealer is going to deal the river. You're in the cutoff right? Playing SB and utg+1? They both checked the turn, right?

This is where I'd notmally say WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GO JETS!

And on the river, again, you see the action. If the river goes bet-call, I'd prob raise and fold to more action from SB. If it goes bet-raise, well, then you've got a decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol screw the jets.. theyre gonna lose to the pats anyhow [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

anyways.. yes, taking the free card would have been better i suppose.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 AM

im convinced op has lost his mind.