Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Toughest poker room online

[ QUOTE ]
oh ok its the toughest site.
weird ive never heard of it.
full tilt is a tough place to play though.
my earnings dropped to 25% of what they used to be on tribeca
although its only been less than month

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you've not been playing very long i guess
Old 04-10-2007, 04:26 AM

As a Canadian who for the time being isnt prohibited from playing on any sites, Party is still the gongshow it used to be before Americans were sent away. The pot sizes at pretty much all levels are about 20-25% larger than the other big sites I've played on. Don't ask me why this is, my best guess is the aggressive marketing they do up north here and likely in Europe as well.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:41 AM

no youre right it hasnt been long, but i can tell its a more difficult place to play. my earnings not withstanding. i think the ring games are v tough. generally the tag types are extremely tight ~20% flop and the lag types are so aggressive the combination of the two can make things complicated. i would also say as evidence of things being more even is the fact you rarely see multiple people w stacks 3-4 times the buy in.

on tribeca it wasnt uncommon to see maybe 3-4 ppl w stacks over 3x the buy in in a ring or shorthanded game.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 AM

From the sites I have played, I'd put Full Tilt and UB on top.
I haven't played on WPX yet, but from what I've heard and seen, I'd expect it to be at least on par with FT & UB.

The easier spots so far for me have been Party, Paradise, and Tribeca in that order.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM

Full Contact was the worst for me. Not many players at the site so they were all pretty good players. Lost a crap load of money there.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:39 AM

I don't agree that WPX is as tough as everyone says it is. At low stakes (i.e. micro stakes up to 100NL) it is relatively easy money, and in my opinion it is THE place for beginners to build a bankroll. Couple of reasons for this.

1) Even if these levels are tougher overall compared to other sites, this is more than compensated for by the 100% rakeback. And low stakes is still low stakes. If someone is any good, I assume they are not grinding 50NL forever, so you can still find bad players.

2) The slightly tougher competition will improve your game faster. Other sites will seem easy by comparison. At least, this has been my experience.

The games get tougher from 200NL up IMO, but some of the regulars are donks, and I would be surprised if they are 2+2. You have to pick your spots.

I don't have any recent limit experience outside of WPX so can't make comparisons, but you still see plenty of bad play at 2/4 and 3/6 limit as well.