Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How fucking bad was that call by barry?
lucky call 15 24.59%
shitty call 17 27.87%
great call 29 47.54%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: vigorish\'s post

I sent a pm to vigorish and told him to not talk about it in other forums. I agree that it may set a bad precedent and realized that when I allowed his post to continue in bbv. Judging from his posts in bbv and this thread and his behaviour towards me in PMs I would say there is >99% chance he is telling the truth. Feel free to follow through on those leads if anyone is skeptical (the hospitals).
Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent a pm to vigorish and told him to not talk about it in other forums. I agree that it may set a bad precedent and realized that when I allowed his post to continue in bbv. Judging from his posts in bbv and this thread and his behaviour towards me in PMs I would say there is >99% chance he is telling the truth. Feel free to follow through on those leads if anyone is skeptical (the hospitals).

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] happens, that's life. Should we allow people who lose their house gambling to post threads asking for money? There are just so many ways for it to be a scam, and even it is not a scam, it still doesn't belong.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] happens, that's life. Should we allow people who lose their house gambling to post threads asking for money? There are just so many ways for it to be a scam, and even it is not a scam, it still doesn't belong.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so correct.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:32 AM

i agree with daryn and nick. i feel bad for them but i dont even want to post in that thread because i'm so uncomfortable with the idea of all this asking for donations etc.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:27 AM

Hey,

I agree it could set a bad precedent. I have told him to tone it down and limit anything talking about the situation to BBV. If he talks about it anywhere else, delete his posts.

As for having him in bbv, he is an immense value-added and the people love him there (mostly because he has a hot wife but also because he is a really nice guy and he makes a bunch of degenerate a-holes feel good about themselves). Also, Matt approved it if he provided proof and he gave a shitton of proof. If people want it out of bbv, then take it up with Ryan and Matt. I won't take offense.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:41 AM

Given what Vig's shared, I think we can let our posters make up their own minds. We're under no obligation to protect them from being stupid.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:06 PM

Also, thanks for pointing out someone that Matt=Mat Whoops.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given what Vig's shared, I think we can let our posters make up their own minds. We're under no obligation to protect them from being stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does open the door though right? there are a ton of "respected posters" around here. what if some tragedy happens to one of them? why is "wife getting cancer" more serious than "my house was destroyed in a tornado" or "i lost everything i have playing BJ in vegas"
Old 01-25-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is "wife getting cancer" more serious than "my house was destroyed in a tornado" or "i lost everything i have playing BJ in vegas"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guess you're not married? Or that you have any normal personal relationship with a sibling or a parent?
Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM

daryn,

In those situations I think it's equally buyer beware. I think the 2p2 community is good enough at self policing for this kinda stuff that I have some faith in their ability not to let this go crazy/get totally hoodwinked.