Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: One last try

As I said earlier. When people suckout on a hand they are not just getting lucky on someone. They are hitting the hand in the certain percent range that it falls under. That doesnt mean they are lucky the hand is following its probability. They may not have a big enough database of hands to calculate from so they may be on higher end at one certain point in time but they will end up with the proper percentages of the hands outcomes over a large amount of hands.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you are being sarcastic. His post boils down to saying that because one person is "lucky" they have an effect on the cards they get by just being slightly more lucky than another person. A person being dealt cards in a poker game does not have an effect on the cards or the way they are dealt or shuffled just because they are born luckier than most. Explain to me how I can learn something from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you could learn something from the suggestion to reread it a few times and try to understand what the OP is saying. Methinks you're not quite there yet.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 PM

look u f***ing moron, u think u r smart b/c u have a slight idea of what a normal distribution curve looks like and maybe u even know how to differentiate and integrate b/c u took a course in college? u r makin an ass of urself by postin this piece of s*** over and over. just the fact that u think u r smart by explainin why it is called a "bell curve" makes u an idiot. addin the fact that u don't understand the people that have seriously replied to ur posts makes u a even bigger donkey. it's not a matter of u being right or wrong (which u r), it's a matter of u givin us as examples a couple of hands u saw on tv. anyone who says what they propose must be true b/c they saw 3 hands in poker after dark deserves to have his balls cut off. and it is spelled IVEY, not IVY u retarded piece of s***.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look u f***ing moron, u think u r smart b/c u have a slight idea of what a normal distribution curve looks like and maybe u even know how to differentiate and integrate b/c u took a course in college? u r makin an ass of urself by postin this piece of s*** over and over. just the fact that u think u r smart by explainin why it is called a "bell curve" makes u an idiot. addin the fact that u don't understand the people that have seriously replied to ur posts makes u a even bigger donkey. it's not a matter of u being right or wrong (which u r), it's a matter of u givin us as examples a couple of hands u saw on tv. anyone who says what they propose must be true b/c they saw 3 hands in poker after dark deserves to have his balls cut off. and it is spelled IVEY, not IVY u retarded piece of s***.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is excellent.

some people with low post counts are actually able to think critically.

(i am not being sarcastic. op should be stopped from starting new threads)
Old 03-23-2007, 09:03 AM

I think OP will soon receive a publishing deal offer from 2+2.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for a book titled this is how fish think.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for a book titled this is how fish think.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like:

An extremely simple concept that almost everybody should be able to understand, but their arrogance prevents them from even trying to think about it.

Not really a catchy title; it probably could use a little work.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 AM

arrogance doesnt prevent people from understanding what he is saying. I understand his arguement my point is it is invalid because the use of a bell curve here is not appropriate.

**Edit: One of the main reasons I feel his arguement is invalid is because it revolves around the idea that some people are luckier than others. My point is how do the cards know who is the luckier person and be dealt in a favoring manor for them. The cards don't favor any one person over another cause they are not biased.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the main reasons I feel his arguement is invalid is because it revolves around the idea that some people are luckier than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the feeling the OP is one of those who in Roulette if black came up 10 times in a row would bet the bank on Red, because the odds of Black coming up 11 times in a row are so small.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:07 PM

I see what you did!
OP is unconvincing. But I read it at least.
Unlike your previous tries. I hope they were better.
How are you measuring where we fit in the bell-curve of life?
Yes I have nothing better to do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
EDIT: Would that mark me to the left? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]