Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Re: I can not fukcing believe that I lay down [censored] SET!!!!!!!

bk1

Maybe thinking about it like this will help.

If oppo called your turn bet with just a flush draw then EVEN IF you call his AI river bet you still have made money on the hand as he is calling $6 to win about $20 total. It's nice to be able to fold here if you know he now has a flush but you win this hand and he loses even if you call (and are correct about the flush draw).
You are getting over 3-1 on your river call so are you over 75% sure you are beat? I notice you included no reads so readless I'm always always calling here. Always.
Which convertor are you using? It's a bit half-and-half [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: If I have time I'll look at the likes of AKs etc and it also may be worth looking at how the hand develops with larger stacks.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:53 PM

Default Re: I can not believe that I lay down a SET!!!!!!!

depending on villian, c/c or bet. I'm not sure if this is ever a fold.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:26 PM

You induced a bluff, don't fold!
Old 12-31-2006, 02:58 PM

??
Check raise him out of his seat! You could be beat, but huge laydowns in Unl are usually not worth the trouble especially when he value bets a lot of hands that you beat.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:42 PM

Sometimes you lose hands like this to some donk who stayed in to get his flush... but that happens sometimes. And sometimes you will lose a lot of money to someone with a higher set. But sets are my most profitable hands. I rarely lose with them (but I have occasionally, and I've laid them down occasionally as well). Be willing to get all your money in with a set - especially when you flop one with a fairly tame board like this. If you lose to a flush right here, so what? You'll make so much money in the long run, you won't worry about losing with your sets once in a while.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:16 PM

I'd have led out on the river for the last of my chips and prey villain calls. Most of the time this is KQ or AQ or maybe a flukey 2 pair. The way I look at hands I play:

1. Am I giving villain the incorrect odds to keep playing with his possible ranges? You have, even if he gets all your chips on the river, he wasn't getting the implied odds to keep calling your psbs, hence you will win money in the long run by betting this way and getting all your chips in at the river.

2. When there is a seemingly tough decision what are my pot odds and the odds that the range of hands villain has beats me. Theres only a few hands that beat you here a suited Ax and QQ, and maybe a wheel from A5. But the odds you are getting are huge about 3.5 to 1. So that means you have to be better then 75% sure you are beat to fold. The way villain has played his hand my guess is he probably has a pair of Qs or a worse set so a call is mandatory.