Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 16: QQ vs a good regular

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see a good regular leading pot with ak into multiway action so the only thing you beat imo is JJ. i'd fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The C-bet into multiway pots is the probably one of the biggest and most exploitable leaks that fairly solid 2+2ers have in SNGs. I've got 2p2ers in my PTdb who c-bet 100% of the time.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it best to reraise preflop and fold to a 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. I'd like it more if you were out of position but here smooth calling is best.

And it'd have to be a VERY good regular to fold to the 4th raise
Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 AM

i'd call pre and call flop
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 AM

I think you should raise this preflop to about 220. QQ is a good enough hand to reraise here as you are ahead of his range of hands. If he is a good regular he will probably 3 bet with AA and KK, and only with AA and KK, making it easy for you to fold to a 3 bet.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 AM

Id call pf, call flop, fold if he bets turn, bet if he checks turn.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 AM

I bet this is Quaqmire or loonatwok btw.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM

QQ's are my cut-off for being willing to go all-in preflop, even early in the action. I would have to know more about the particular player I'm against to do otherwise. It's all-too-often, at the stakes I've played, of seeing players show TT+ in an early all in situation. I don't think playing QQ in this situation hesitantly is a good idea. More often than not you will have the potential to double up here so I don't like taking cuts into my pot potential in these situations by playing them reluctantly.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd call pre and call flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2007, 05:22 AM

I don't see what raising does on this flop. AK draws only to 6 outs and when he calls you only beat JJ (maybe TT).

Call the flop.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: 16: Please grunch QQ vs a good regular

I think it would do ALL of you some good to go play some cash games. Please. We are 75 BBs deep, if we are even ahead, out opponent has either 2 or 6 outs, if we are behind we have 2 outs, we have zero fold equity against better hands, and we are shoving this flop? I really don't mean to sound insulting, but any cash game player would tell you not to go broke with QQ for 75 BBs. Also, 3-betting and folding to a 4-bet should not be a routine thing for you. Obviously it has to be done sometimes, but it's often better to call and reevaluate. Sometimes you will catch a good card when you're behind, sometimes a scare card will come to save you money, and rarely your opponent will outdraw you or bluff you off the best hand. If you're unsure of whether your hand is good, try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Don't raise "for information." You want to play small pots when you are unsure of your hand. So don't voluntarily put more money in than you have to. With 75 BBs we should really be thinking more about playing the hand postflop in a way that wins the most when we're ahead and loses the least when we're behind. It's less important to make AK fold its 6 outs, and it's important that JJ/TT doesn't fold, so that we can hopefully get them to payoff turn and river bets.

Preflop you probably have to respect his UTG raise, so just flatcall, as he most likely has AK or AA-JJ. We have position postflop, we have a very good idea of his range, and he has very little idea of ours. Use this to your advantage, and keep in mind that your hand is somewhat underrepresented.

On the flop, I'd call his bet and reevaluate on the turn. If he double barrels a safe card, you may choose to call and see a river, or just lay it down and give him credit for a bigger hand. Your goal in this hand is not to punish the bastard with AK. It's to win the most when you're ahead and lose the least when you're behind.

ugh, I sound like some unholy brew of Ansky and Strassa, what have I become?