Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Re: U.S. stands Alone in defense of Israel

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So it would be racist and prejudiced to say that black Jamaicans are the fastest runners in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your evidence for that was that you were at a race once, and that you saw a really fast black jamaican...

Or I'm sorry, did I miss the post where you talked about how you had read statistics that, as a group, Russian Jews are nastier to customs officials than any other group, or that, as a group, Russian Jews tend to gyrate annoyingly in public on purpose to piss everyone else off.

Peter, you're not winning this argument, and the only people who might possibly back you up are themselves prejudiced. Even Andyfox called you out on that post in the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hypocrisy is that you make statements like "Russians are anti-semitic" or "Palestinians are uncivilized..." all generalizations, but when one criticizes Jews or Israel, you automatically label them as racist anti-semites. Now if you will label yourself a racist ethnic bigot and call me that too, I don't have a problem.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So it would be racist and prejudiced to say that black Jamaicans are the fastest runners in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your evidence for that was that you were at a race once, and that you saw a really fast black jamaican...

Or I'm sorry, did I miss the post where you talked about how you had read statistics that, as a group, Russian Jews are nastier to customs officials than any other group, or that, as a group, Russian Jews tend to gyrate annoyingly in public on purpose to piss everyone else off.

Peter, you're not winning this argument, and the only people who might possibly back you up are themselves prejudiced. Even Andyfox called you out on that post in the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hypocrisy is that you make statements like "Russians are anti-semitic" or "Palestinians are uncivilized..." all generalizations, but when one criticizes Jews or Israel, you automatically label them as racist anti-semites. Now if you will label yourself a racist ethnic bigot and call me that too, I don't have a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're attributing statements to me that I didn't make. I merely pointed out that Russia has a history of mistreating the Jews, this is true, I did not base that on the fact that I saw some russians in an airport being mean to jews.

I never said Palestinians are uncivilized. I may have argued that the behavior of Hamas is uncivilized, but, it is.

That's the difference between me and you.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would there be a problem with any Muslim nation today if America was not seen as the protector of Israel? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Peter,

I guess you have bought into all that crap that Islam is a peaceful religion.

Stu
Old 07-14-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you have bought into all that crap that Islam is a peaceful religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

is christianity a peaceful religion?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In present day comparison to Islam, yes.

Stu
Old 07-14-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are correct. I don't think the US does anything out of morality, but they sure like to make it seem so. The standard line is "we want to bring democracy to the world." They are very quick to bring "democracy" to nations with large oil reserves or who have strategic/economic advantages to themselves, but quite slow in places like Africa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess Korea and Vietnam and Grenada have a lot of oil. Too bad you're the only one that knows about it. On the other hand better not tell the US that Nigeria or Libya or Gabon has oil.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peter626,

The USA's support of Israel is done so because it is in our interest, not out of any sense of morality. First of all, the USA supports Israel because their enemies are our enemies. Secondly, it is a stretegic advantage to have a foot in the Middle East.

[/ QUOTE ]

We support Israel because their enemies are our enemies -- you say. However, The only reason their enemies are our enemies is becaust we support Israel.

If the reason to support Israel was a strategic advantage in the middle east, we could have chosen far better candidates (Saddam was a good choice while being far less ruthless).
Old 07-14-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In present day comparison to Islam, yes.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that is why the Christians in Lebanon are just going to take their punishment.

Islam has become increasingly violent as IT has come under increasing attack -- and not the other way around.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Islam has become increasingly violent as IT has come under increasing attack -- and not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ayatollah Khomeni was quite the figure.

He opposed:

1. the Shah's close diplomatic relationship with Israel
2. universal suffrage (voting rights for women)
3. changes in the election laws that allowed election of religious minorities to office
4. changes in the civil code which granted women legal equality in marital issues.

Too bad he was about 60 years behind the times. I guess being regressive is the new progessive.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ayatollah Khomeni was quite the figure.

He opposed:

1. the Shah's close diplomatic relationship with Israel
2. universal suffrage (voting rights for women)
3. changes in the election laws that allowed election of religious minorities to office
4. changes in the civil code which granted women legal equality in marital issues.

Too bad he was about 60 years behind the times. I guess being regressive is the new progessive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to change the subject?

The examples you cite are examples of Khomeni's violence?

No doubt the practice of Islam in many countries is unacceptable by my standards. However, why bring this up here? Start another thread.