Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 03:26 AM

Default Re: limit hold em at foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen "R" offered at all in rotation -- usuall HOSE, SHOE, HOE, or some other permutation.

But maybe I've overlooked it since I don't play those stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have an open table and extra dealers, they'll let us do it every now and again and it's just for fun. The last time, the 1st 2 hands of HE were straddled, blind 3-bet and blind 4-bet before the deal. It slowed down during the other games as most of the guys don't play any of the other games well.

We also have to explain to the dealers how to deal Razz. Heaven help us if we ever add 2-7 triple draw to the mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you know i have to ask for that next time right? just to make their lives hell, and to make me and josh happy because i got into a conversation with him about it and he would be down to play a session of TD if you'd be interested barry.. let me know.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:29 AM

possibly?

i usually wear a tan hat and black jumpsuit when i play, but not always, only when i feel like sitting there for hours like a lump.

have you ever played with Barry or Tommy or Ronny? probably.. they know who i am and would be able to tell you if we've met. I havent been playing down at FW lately because I REALLY got carried away with playing there and got away from schoolwork which is way more important right now.. actually, Myron got on my case about it one time haha.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 AM

I'm a dealer, you were donking around at 4-8 game and it turned out like four people were 2p2ers.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:02 AM

Let me know when you guys are gonna get this game going again. I'm just a lowly 5/10 and 1/2NL player, but I've had a great time playing drunken LAG 2/4 HE, so mixed would be even better.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 PM

i'll be down there this weekend. i'd love to play a LL mixed game, but they seldom get spread. i did play a 2/4 HOE game there last fall. 5/10 kill mixed game would be ideal.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:35 PM

OH YES! i do remmeber that it was a long time ago!

i was waiting for my friend to get done playing 1/2 NL whom i came with and i think i donated a rack to the 4/8 game haha.

i remember you telling me you stricly play online basically right? not like you have much choice :-/
Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 AM

Why do I have a suspicion that some of you guys were at my 4-8 table this Sunday...
Old 08-08-2006, 02:44 PM

I posted elsewhere about an upcoming FW trip I have planned. I am a winning $25NL and .50/1 online player, and I have some live experience with $2/4 and $4/8. I will be playing late into the morning on a weeknight. Given the time I will be playing, and my experience, what game do you think would be the most profitable for me to concentrate on at the Woods? Right now I am thinking $4/8 or $100NL, but $2/4 might allow me to stretch my BR further if I run bad. Oh, my BR for this trip will be about $400.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... winning $25NL... what game do you think would be the most profitable....?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1-2 NL, and it isn't close.

[ QUOTE ]
$100NL

[/ QUOTE ]
In B&M, because of the variable caps on buyins, it's far more commonly called, "one-two".
Old 08-08-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I am thinking $4/8 or $100NL, but $2/4 might allow me to stretch my BR further if I run bad. Oh, my BR for this trip will be about $400.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you would like to stretch play time, I'd leave about $120 for a contingency fund to play the 2/4 if you run bad at the other games.
Try the 4/8 and 1/2 NL, but switch tables if you're in a rock garden.