Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Dems already puting a halt to government waste!

[ QUOTE ]
Let her have Hastert's 12 seater jet which I heard he only used ONCE....

[/ QUOTE ]

And what, fly her to Chicago so she can be half way to her district?

[ QUOTE ]
Roll Call reported (subscription required) on February 5 that the plane Hastert used "needs to refuel every 2,000 miles and could not make the nonstop haul to California." Roll Call then quoted a Pelosi aide as saying, "The Air Force determined that [Pelosi's] safety would be best ensured by using a plane that has the fuel capacity to go coast-to-coast." On February 6, The Washington Post also reported that the plane Hastert "traveled in was too small to make it to California without refueling."

[/ QUOTE ]
Media Matters
Old 02-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: What a waste (of my time)

I don't give a crap "who knew and when" about the planes. This is the first time I personally knew of anyone but the Prez having his own plane. I guess I should pay more attention to where the thieves are spending my money
It is a joke of a waste. In a REAL EMERGENCY the speaker of the house can walk onto any military base and get on a plane. I'm also quite sure that his/her security detail can commandeer any number of private planes.

NeBlis
Old 02-08-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
her have Hastert's 12 seater jet which I heard he only used ONCE....

[/ QUOTE ]

What a joke you are. Where did you "hear" that?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...s/16633029.htm

Clif Notes : Nancy Pelosi needs an
even bigger more expensive plane than her predecessor.

"this is about security, not about convenience." sooooooooo domestic flights aren't safe? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] What are you trying to say?

Some sources report that each leg of this flight costs around $300,000. I did a quick search at travelocity that's the price of around 468 round trip tickets on American Airlines. I think we could save a bit of money here by simply buying every freakin seat on the plane everytime she flys.

NeBlis

[/ QUOTE ]

It costs $300,000 to fly a military plane from Wash to California? Sources please people.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:42 PM

Then the radio talk show that stated Haster only used this plane once was wrong ( I think it was Hannity).
Then screw Dennis Hastert as well. My understanding was this plane was allocated to Hastert after 9/11. If he has been using this plane for convienence rather than for govt purposes then Hastert deserves to be skewered as well. If it were up to me, this plane would be taken away from the Speaker of the House and given back to the pentagon. The pentagon's mission would be to whisked the speaker away to a safe haven ONLY during a national emergency....

This is another example of the slippery-slope. Give a congressman a perk and the abuse grows.... I don't buy the argument that fat pig Hastert never used this plane for political purposes. Nor do I believe Pelosi will use this plane in a responsible manner. This plane needs to be return to Pentagon control... Private jets for congressman's whim is an expense that NEVER be allocated...
Old 02-08-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It costs $300,000 to fly a military plane from Wash to California? Sources please people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a number that I heard thrown out. It may be wrong.

BUT from the ABC article

"The C-32 can cost as much as $22,000 an hour to operate. It's normally used by the first lady, the vice president, Cabinet officials and members of Congress upon request."

That works out to be only around 33 round trip tickets per hour. Yeah wow I was way off base in claiming this cost too much. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

NeBlis
Old 02-08-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what is your post supposed to signify? A blatent example of trolling or a ridiculous assertion?

[/ QUOTE ]
MSNBC: #5
CBS: #2
ABC: #1
Fox: #2

Turns out it was a ridiculous assertion. My using this story to prove my opinion that Fox News is biased to the right was unfounded.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't buy the argument that fat pig Hastert never used this plane for political purposes

[/ QUOTE ]

1 hour ago you believed Hastert only used in ONCE, so I don't know how much credence I give to your suppositions on this matter.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what is your post supposed to signify? A blatent example of trolling or a ridiculous assertion?

[/ QUOTE ]
MSNBC: #5
CBS: #2
ABC: #1
Fox: #2

Turns out it was a ridiculous assertion. My using this story to prove my opinion that Fox News is biased to the right was unfounded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron, they are all biased to idiotic sensationalist BS.

How do you think the boards of Disney, Newscorp, GE, etc vote anyway? They don't want to give up their tax cuts to some lefty populist.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't give a crap "who knew and when" about the planes. This is the first time I personally knew of anyone but the Prez having his own plane. I guess I should pay more attention to where the thieves are spending my money
It is a joke of a waste. In a REAL EMERGENCY the speaker of the house can walk onto any military base and get on a plane. I'm also quite sure that his/her security detail can commandeer any number of private planes.

NeBlis

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Btw, I am fairly sure that the government maintains a small fleet of luxury aircraft not solely for the president, but for other VIP purposes. At least they had such a fleet in the Tom Clancy novel I read.