Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: more bbv retardedness

web page
Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, my postings in BBV were in jest, but I don't think it would be a horrible thing for one of these two low content forums to merge into the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam,

While your postings were in jest and you are definitely winning over the bbv crowd, it looks really, really bad when you bad talk OOT.

Example:

"If everybody is in agreement that the content in OOT sucks, and that the forum is no longer relevant with other alternatives available (such as El D's forum, The Lounge, BBV4Life, etc.)..."

Regardless of your feelings on OOT, I think you should probably not fuel the fire in BBV, especially because you are a MOD of OOT. Srsly, you are a great poster but it is pretty silly to go into a forum that is notorious for hating on the forum you moderate and go "THE FORUM I MODERATE SUX, AMIRITE???"

gw
Old 04-20-2007, 03:15 PM

made an announcement here:

link
Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM

GW - I really don't care about catering to any particular crowd.

As you know, we get a ton of "BBV posters" who try to post in OOT, suck and/or completely disregard the sticky, and get *'ed for it. They then go back to BBV and complain how much OOT sucks/is unfair.

I posted in BBV in an attempt to quell this; to let them see that the moderators are not completely shut off, and to try and explain how OOT moderation style came about.

I said OOT sucks lately in this thread (in the Mods Forum), not in BBV.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
made an announcement here:

link

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. If the end result is less locked threads in OOT, this thread is successful.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM

This whole forum war stuff has got to stop. In its current form, it lacks both humor and entertainment. MSPaint threads making fun of OOT in BBV or BBV in OOT are the only things I can think of that might result in an enjoyable read.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok cool, so you officially resign? seeya

[/ QUOTE ]

I will if everybody wants me to. I'd rather be let in on whatever plan you have for improving the reading experience in the forum so I can help implement it, though. Whichever is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't speak for the other guys but i would definitely like to hear what they think about this. i think if you are going to continue to fan the flames like others agree you have been doing, you should probably be gone.

i'd def. like to hear from NT and nickb on this. the dude too if he's around.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daryn/Nick/El D

is oot fine as is then, or would action improve things in oot?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's "fine" in general. things could be better things could be worse. it is what it is. we don't need to drum up traffic by creating new contests or even telling people to just post anything for the sake of driving up traffic

why do people really get the feeling OOT is going down the tubes? it always goes through stuff like this but lately it seems that a chosen few are trying to make it seem like OOT is really slipping, especially traffic wise. this is just insane. you are comparing it to what, bbv? bbv4l? we all know these forums have much artificial traffic with multiple posts from basically everyone consisting of things like "first" "second" "in before lock".. post count is pretty meaningless at this point if you ask me.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok cool, so you officially resign? seeya

[/ QUOTE ]

I will if everybody wants me to. I'd rather be let in on whatever plan you have for improving the reading experience in the forum so I can help implement it, though. Whichever is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't speak for the other guys but i would definitely like to hear what they think about this. i think if you are going to continue to fan the flames like others agree you have been doing, you should probably be gone.

i'd def. like to hear from NT and nickb on this. the dude too if he's around.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. So I'm guessing there is no plan, other than "it is what it is"? So the group moderator decision is to continue alienating a vast portion of the forum's prospective readership/postership?

There are endless threads in another forum stating how much OOT sucks, a thread in ATF ripping on NT's moderating abilities, etc. Yes, much of it is immature claptrap, but you don't think that maybe we as a group should take a step back and evaluate if maybe we aren't doing as optimal as job and providing as much direction as we could be? Where there's smoke there's fire?

We've all been here a while, and know that content runs in cycles. But if we keep driving off readers from the forum, who is going to replace them to provide fresh takes on the material?
Old 04-20-2007, 04:39 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpr...ge=1&topic=