Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Coworker slapped retarded kid in front of mother (TR)

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. For the people who think she should def be fired, would you say the same thing if she was male and the kid grabbed the testicles?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would've smacked his mother too.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. For the people who think she should def be fired, would you say the same thing if she was male and the kid grabbed the testicles?
AFAIK, grabbing a boob with a strong fist can be extremely painful.
Maybe we can get some female imput.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I don't care if the biggest retard in the school district intentionally wound up with his steel toed retard boots and kicked a male teacher in the nuts.

A teacher's impulsive reaction should never be to hit a student.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I don't care if the biggest retard in the school district intentionally wound up with his steel toed retard boots and kicked a male teacher in the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, show me one man (with testicles) who can be kicked in the balls and have an initial impulsive reaction other than hitting the offender. I agree that she could get fired for this, but being a teacher doesn't magically make your balls not hurt if you're kicked in them, or your tit not hurt if you get a surprise purple nurple.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AFAIK, grabbing a boob with a strong fist can be extremely painful.
Maybe we can get some female imput.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% certain i would fire the dude. if anything i would be more merciless because i tend to be a pushover when dealing with women normally.

fwiw i am almost 100% certain that if my testicles were grabbed by some random stranger off the street (which is a significantly scarier scenario imo) there is no way i would insta-hit them. turning my body, yelling, and running the [censored] away would be my most likely first instinct. though i could actively defend myself pretty quickly, i think my *immediate* instinct is generally flight and not fight.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw i am almost 100% certain that if my testicles were grabbed by some random stranger off the street (which is a significantly scarier scenario imo) there is no way i would insta-hit them. turning my body, yelling, and running the [censored] away would be my most likely first instinct. though i could actively defend myself pretty quickly, i think my *immediate* instinct is generally flight and not fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think surprise is more likely being a man, since we are (generally) less likely to be groped unwantedly.

Also, I think someone needs to man up and go grab a stranger in the package and film it so that we can determine the reaction of an unbiased party.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:37 AM

my mother worked in childcare for years. The was always a very srict no hitting the kids policy. My mothers best friend slapped a kid, not violent in anyway, if it had been his parent it would have been deserved, if i remeber correctly the kid was a bitter (SP?), anyway the only other person there was my mother, and she reported her.
They wernt friends after that, but they lady eventually said my mother was right.
My church has a childcare center attached to it, and the work off there reputation. If your gona leave your child somewhere you want to feel safe doing so.
End result, its a bussiness, and it needs to be ran as such. There is nothing wrong with firing her. When i worked as a youth minster, i got punched and kicked by aot of kids, punched and kicked in the balls i might add, and it hurt but i never hit any of them back. You have to expect those actions from kids in that job, if not you need to find something eles to do. Its a job that requires aot of polotics, and discipline, and i dont think that lady showed it. I would ask her to resign, and i would not write a letter of recomendation for her if she went for the same postion somewhere elese.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, show me one man (with testicles) who can be kicked in the balls and have an initial impulsive reaction other than hitting the offender. I agree that she could get fired for this, but being a teacher doesn't magically make your balls not hurt if you're kicked in them, or your tit not hurt if you get a surprise purple nurple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked as a camp counselor. The kids thought nut taps were funny... they were not. I took a shot to the nuts once. Reacting violently never crossed my mind and had I done so I would have expected to be fired (we were told as much during our orientation.

Furthermore, I think that if your reaction would be to hit a child in such a situation then you are a pretty [censored] human being.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, I think that if your reaction would be to hit a child in such a situation then you are a pretty [censored] human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously think it's wrong, I am just saying that I can understand it being ones initial reaction. I have a pretty decent amount of restraint and I doubt severely that I'd hit a kid, but I'd probably [censored] back my arm out of reflex. I am not yet to the point in my life where I am condoning the beating of retarded children.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 AM

At my store we have this autistic kid that comes in and destroys the place every time he comes in. Knocks stuff over, runs around, yells odd words at people, cuts the line etc. He also always gets a coke, Reeses and Oreo Ice Cream on every visit. The parents never attempt to stop any of this.

I guess the question is, can good parenting stop a Retarded or Autistic kid from doing things such as grabbing Teats or destroying stores? Obv this depends on the severity of said Mental state, but in general, can they be tought to behave in a good manner?
Old 07-31-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked as a camp counselor. The kids thought nut taps were funny... they were not. I took a shot to the nuts once. Reacting violently never crossed my mind and had I done so I would have expected to be fired (we were told as much during our orientation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you are missing the point. Sharon didn't realize who was grabbing her, much less the fact that it was a kid. Clearly the boy is very, very underdeveloped mentally for his age/size, but to imply that one also wouldn't discipline a child for hurting you is to partake in some particularly utopian child rearing tactics. I don't encourage knocking children over, but given the mother and the child's reaction, I'm going to assume this little boy hasn't been disciplined and the parents are coddling it. Obviously I don't have any interaction with this specific child, but popping a kid one isn't going to kill it.