Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: $100NL: 2.5 buyins deepstacked with a kill yourself decision

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I call river. We have 115 ish left and pot is 375, so you only need to win a bit more than a quarter of the time, and I think you are good more than that.

I raise the same or a bit more, like 17-18 pre, and then less on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

erm....we're playing the board. we don't 'win' ever. That said, I don't know, I guess I tilt call here a lot.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

only realistic hand that beats you is QJs, which i expect would shove on the turn. QQ is a possiblity, but very unlikely because of PF action. and if QQ is possible so are both AA and KK so this even more of a river call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between QQ and KK/AA to a donk is perhaps enough for him to play more cautiously with QQ for fear of KK/AA.
I would expect more aggression from KK/AA than QQ on the flop in general, making those hands less likely imo.

I will add Villain shoved the river after maybe 5 seconds of thought, if that changes anything for anybody.

Also, thinking about how aggressively i played this hand, especially the turn given the board, it looks like im very strong with a possibility of having the straight. That makes its difficult for villain to make a decision to shove the river after 5 seconds of thought without having it, i think anyway.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I really wouldn't play JJ so fast this deep, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which street would you play different?

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK it's late and I'm tired, time to go. But you are coolered here SO often on each street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soo tired you don't even notice we have a straight on the turn? And the 4th nuts preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at "4th nuts" deepstacked. LOL at non-nut one-card straight. 'night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every post from you I've seen is garbage, this one being no exception.

This hand is so standard preflop-turn, you can make it a little more preflop but it's not a big deal. Why would you check the turn here? Do you like money?

River is a sick spot, but he should be shoving with any hand he got here with, from a set to AA. So for that reason I'd call. Plus not too many Qx hands make any sense. QJ perhaps, but QQ is usually dumping the turn and QJ usually folds preflop or shoves the turn. I suppose if he can have QQ/QJ then QT is a small possibility. Keep in mind QJ is super unlikely as there is one jack left in the deck after the river.

In conclusion I'd call because he should be shoving his entire range on the river, and few Qx hands make a lot of sense unless he is horrible.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

only realistic hand that beats you is QJs, which i expect would shove on the turn. QQ is a possiblity, but very unlikely because of PF action. and if QQ is possible so are both AA and KK so this even more of a river call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between QQ and KK/AA to a donk is perhaps enough for him to play more cautiously with QQ for fear of KK/AA.
I would expect more aggression from KK/AA than QQ on the flop in general, making those hands less likely imo.

I will add Villain shoved the river after maybe 5 seconds of thought, if that changes anything for anybody.

Also, thinking about how aggressively i played this hand, especially the turn given the board, it looks like im very strong with a possibility of having the straight. That makes its difficult for villain to make a decision to shove the river after 5 seconds of thought without having it, i think anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your range for betting the turn is either a straight or air. If you have a straight, you are counterfieted on the river unless you have QJ which doesn't make a ton of sense, so he can shove the river with any two he got to the river with because you should basically never have a Q unless you backed into a straight with like AQ after bluffing the turn. It should be very easy for him to shove the river given how the rest of the hand played out given it's very unlikely you can beat the board.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet more pf + more flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude shut up, his bet-sizing is fine.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet more pf + more flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude shut up, his bet-sizing is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop is still a tad small with a raise and a call in front, imo.