Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: QQ against 22/18, pots getting big, turn line?

I agree with everyone else you hit this flop as good as possible other than hitting a set, I am stacking off here everytime. I like the raise to $33 and then call a shove.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you call 3bet with a hand preflop for face value, you stack off on a favouralbe flop for 100BB. No questions asked.

[/ QUOTE ]
So do you advocate 4 betting pre or do you like calling with position?

I guess I'm really lost because I don't see villian as the type of player who is check/calling OOP with a medium strenth hand in a big 3 bet pot. Wouldn't a hand like 77 - JJ cbet this flop and try to take it down? What makes a very aggresive player suddenly go into check/call mode after 3 betting pre? Wouldn't a draw c/r ai on this flop? Also keep in mind, my range for cold calling $8 pre is fairly narrow, and doesn't include many hands that would flop a fd, so villian shouldn't be terribly concerned about giving a free card. IDK maybe this is an easy turn bet and stack off with a double fist pump, but I felt that villians line smelled of "lol I'm gonna let this tag hang himself with his jacks"
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once you call 3bet with a hand preflop for face value, you stack off on a favouralbe flop for 100BB. No questions asked.

[/ QUOTE ]
So do you advocate 4 betting pre or do you like calling with position?

I guess I'm really lost because I don't see villian as the type of player who is check/calling OOP with a medium strenth hand in a big 3 bet pot. Wouldn't a hand like 77 - JJ cbet this flop and try to take it down? What makes a very aggresive player suddenly go into check/call mode after 3 betting pre? Wouldn't a draw c/r ai on this flop? Also keep in mind, my range for cold calling $8 pre is fairly narrow, and doesn't include many hands that would flop a fd, so villian shouldn't be terribly concerned about giving a free card. IDK maybe this is an easy turn bet and stack off with a double fist pump, but I felt that villians line smelled of "lol I'm gonna let this tag hang himself with his jacks"

[/ QUOTE ]u say ur range is narrow to call a 3bet here so dont u think it is pretty likely that villian got cold feet with his 88+ but then after he checked realized that u should b betting the flop with n e 2. so now he feels compelled to call with a pair. againt tho he checks. why wouldnt he bet the flop OR turn here. doesnt he think u r decent enough to not bet the turn unless u have QQ+ here??? and if he doesnt have AA then wouldnt he want to protect against an A hitting the river??? idk i think this is a meh hand MUCH more often then a huge hand.