Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: *** The Well: 1p0kerboy ***

Have you played much 6m? What made you decide to play FR instead? How do you respond to those that say there is more value to be found playing 6m?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
y do u play sngs now instead of cash? and how many tables do u play, how many seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play SNGs and play cash now.

Basically there is more money in cash games, and the rewards (i.e. rakeback or VIP) are much better.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you played much 6m? What made you decide to play FR instead? How do you respond to those that say there is more value to be found playing 6m?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played too much 6m.

I believe there is more money to be made in 6m. However, it comes with a price: much more variance.

Me no like more variance.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:42 PM

I never played limit poker, but i often think it could be useful,

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Did you graduate from Limit poker?
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]If so what aspect of limit helped your game the most?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:48 PM

In the other thread you said you only keep 15 buy ins online however I think it was this post where you said you have taken 12 to 15 down swings before.

My question sir is if you did not have a endless bankroll how many buy ins would you say you need to play "your" style of poker and not go broke. Seems to me that if you bust 12 buy ins you must reload your account and therefore have money to keep playing 100NL no matter how bad you run.

If money isnt an issue why dont you step up to at least 200NL since the 12 to 15 buy drops are not a thang for you?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you graduate from Limit poker?
If so what aspect of limit helped your game the most?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Actually when I switched from limit cash games to NL cash games I struggled a little because I still applied limit concepts like finding cheap ways to get to a showdown.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the other thread you said you only keep 15 buy ins online however I think it was this post where you said you have taken 12 to 15 down swings before.

My question sir is if you did not have a endless bankroll how many buy ins would you say you need to play "your" style of poker and not go broke. Seems to me that if you bust 12 buy ins you must reload your account and therefore have money to keep playing 100NL no matter how bad you run.

If money isnt an issue why dont you step up to at least 200NL since the 12 to 15 buy drops are not a thang for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll see earlier in this thread I made a mention to risk tolerence. If I lose $1500 my family will not starve. But it is still quite a sum of money to lose. I can deal with it.

I'm not ready to deal with losing $3000 yet so that is why I haven't stepped up.

I certainly don't have an "endless" bankroll and for the most part I try to keep family money and poker bankroll very separate.

It's hard to say how many buy-ins one would need. My situation is good in that my wife makes good income and my step-kids Dad pays quite a bit in child support.

Also keep in mind that while you might not go busto by losing 15 buy-ins, the fact that you had no income during that period could hurt you just as much.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:55 PM

How are you able to keep track of 12 tables at a time? When playing that many tables aren't you forced to make every decision almost instantly so that you don't time out? Also, isn't it diffiuclt to keep up with the flow of each table and how the individual games are playing? I guess I'm basically asking for tips on playing more than 4 tables because of the speed with which you have to make decisions and how much clicking around you have to do.

Secondly, what advantages do you see in playing a fairly tight preflop style as opposed to playing lag? Is it mainly because it is easier to multitable or would you play the exact same style if you played only 1 table at a time?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My situation is good in that my wife makes good income and my step-kids Dad pays quite a bit in child support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I commend you, sir. There aren't many men who would take a woman and her children into his heart as you've done and treat them as his own. You should be very proud of yourself as a human being.

Regarding the child support, though, shouldn't the father get some kind of reprieve since the children now live in a traditional family environment? Do you have any strong feelings on that one way or the other?

Onaflag........
Old 04-06-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you graduate from Limit poker?
If so what aspect of limit helped your game the most?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Actually when I switched from limit cash games to NL cash games I struggled a little because I still applied limit concepts like finding cheap ways to get to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been starting to read articles where people theorize that in time the NL boom will end and the fish/donkies will move back to playing limit as they realize they can play longer for the same $$ (assuming they are player who just lke to have fun). What are your thoughts on this?

How did you like limit and if that move does happen will you be happy going back and playing limit again?