Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: £100/£200 did i overplay this 2 pair?

im curious as to why bet/calling is not as good as check raising. I feel like if you bet/call you are up against a wider range of hands (which is good obviously) because people will semibluff/bluff etc, and you also dont risk giving a free card. Where as when you CR all in, you once in a while get it all in good, but you will be up against a smaller range when all the money goes in. You also risk giving up a free card.

-Jason
Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 AM

ive never seen you post before. background?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet folding sucks, this line you take is and should be standard for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont agree with this
Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 PM

you really didnt give enough info for anyones advice to be at all useful in this spot @ highstakes. hence good players giving suchhhh different advice. I can see b/f, b/c, c/r, and c/c-chk all being ok sometimes... depending who its vs. Obviously its probably not true that villain is shoving t9 100% on the turn (thatd be pretty bad stnd unlesss u hav some huge leaks). obviously shoving t9 some % is fine, and obviously people are often off on what % they do shove vs should shove etc but what im trying to say is that its a super player dependent spot and id need to imagine the info you gave isnt true (if it is its a super easy bet/call).
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you really didnt give enough info for anyones advice to be at all useful in this spot @ highstakes. hence good players giving suchhhh different advice. I can see b/f, b/c, c/r, and c/c-chk all being ok sometimes... depending who its vs. Obviously its probably not true that villain is shoving t9 100% on the turn (thatd be pretty bad stnd unlesss u hav some huge leaks). obviously shoving t9 some % is fine, and obviously people are often off on what % they do shove vs should shove etc but what im trying to say is that its a super player dependent spot and id need to imagine the info you gave isnt true (if it is its a super easy bet/call).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow please post more
Old 05-09-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for your reply. well you are right, and i agree with you that its hard for someone who doesnt know the player to give good advice, but the problem here is that i havent really played enough with him to give that information.

i dont usually play that high, my main game is 25/50 but ive had a very good start in may and Pau is a huge fish so i decided to take my chances. ive played 500-1000 hands with villian and my general impression is as i said that hes very agressive and fighting for every pot. more specific tendencies are hard to figure out, i just havent played enough with him.