Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Standard or teh suck?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, so you're winning at 0.10/0.25 without rake and losing 10.58 BB/100 with it? I had no idea rake was that bad at low stakes in PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no joke, rake is structured in such a way that very few players can actually beat the 6-max $25PLO games. In spite of all the retards, it's the house that's laughing in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]My DB isn't that big (only had PTO a few weeks and been playing seriously for about a month) but it is VERY possible to crush this limit despite the rake amounting to about 15 PTBB/100. The other players are just so bad. I don't usually play more than two tables at a time. (BTW I think my VPIP from the SB is showing up as zero because on some sites the small blind is the same size as the big blind.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 658 hands of 6-max, that's just over an hour of playing. Also, you numbers just look like your running hot over a small time frame, especially the winning 58% of showdowns in 6-max. Put in an adequate number of hands and then evaluate your numbers.

Nice win rate in the FR games, though... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imo it s even worse at the plo50 level where the rake just seems to double and the competion does get a bit better.
maybe the rake is also extraordinary high because op seems to be limping a lot creating a lot of multiway pots being raked higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is there is a lot of flipping in PLO games, and when two full stacks go in, the rake is $3, whether those two full stacks add up to $50, $100, $200 or $400. In the $25's, how often is there more than $3 of dead money in the pot when the flop comes?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:19 PM

The top one where I played 2544 hands is 5-max not full ring, but on a different site. The sample size isn't that big but the 658 hands of 6-max on Full Tilt is about 6 hours' play if you're playing 2 tables. The top number is high partly due to a very sick session at the beginning (link) where I was up 16 buy-ins on one table, but even if you take that out the win rate is still 30 PTBB/100. Anyway [/BRAG], the point is that these games are very beatable.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:48 AM

Nit,

Would you be willing to either post, or PM me, with your position stats from that sample?

I'm just wondering if you are going from tight to loose, or just playing the same mix of hands throughout.

Thanks!