Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Helpful Hints For Random Things Thread

If you have to clean the inside of a bottle (like a nalgene), fill it with coffee grinds, then add soap and hot water, and shake.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:13 AM

Is it weird that I think I'd take a perverse pleasure in getting T-boned by a car running a red, when I entered the intersection legally and the other guy entered after the red?

I mean, I hate those people that are in line to turn at an intersection, and think they can just cruise on through no matter the status of the light; I think we all hate that person. If I was a cop, I would seek out that guy as much as possible in order to give him a ticket. One of the few things better than seeing him get a ticket would be seeing him get a ticket AND an insurance bill, at no cost to myself.

For the most helpful hint listed so far, if you drop a glass, grab some paper towels and get them damp. Damp paper towel will pick up every bit of glass not embedded in some other material.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:17 AM

When you take a sticker off of any surface, use Zippo fluid to get rid of that sticky residue.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it weird that I think I'd take a perverse pleasure in getting T-boned by a car running a red, when I entered the intersection legally and the other guy entered after the red?

I mean, I hate those people that are in line to turn at an intersection, and think they can just cruise on through no matter the status of the light; I think we all hate that person. If I was a cop, I would seek out that guy as much as possible in order to give him a ticket. One of the few things better than seeing him get a ticket would be seeing him get a ticket AND an insurance bill, at no cost to myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're the first person in line in the intersection waiting to turn left, you have the right of way when the light turns red.

If you're talking about when people have a turning arrow and then a million people keep going after it turns red, you would probably be the one T-boning them, not the other way around.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Electronic devices kept in "standby" mode can account for upwards of 25% of your electricity bill. Unplug them or use a surge protector with on/off switch for savings.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why the car in question has to be turning left for it to be at risk? Isn't it pretty much the same as him going straight? Bah whatever, it's a stupid thing to argue about, and I think this thread actualy has some potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote this under the assumption that most lights allow the left turn lanes to go before the straight lanes. From a distance perspective, all of the cars on your right hand side are the most dangerous if they enter the light while you're in the intersection. So either way, you're almost always safest in the left or center lane.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're the first person in line in the intersection waiting to turn left, you have the right of way when the light turns red.

[/ QUOTE ]

only if your car is over the line in the intersection. but yes.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:45 PM

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I have heard that when the light turns green, it is your responsibility to ensure the intersection is clear before proceeding. If you hit someone, it may be your fault or no fault. Not sure what the insurance rules are for the USA on this.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:33 PM

When using honey for baking, grease the measuring spoon/cup a little (vegetable oil will do), and you won't have to wait for it to run out as long and clean up will be easier.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Electronic devices kept in "standby" mode can account for upwards of 25% of your electricity bill. Unplug them or use a surge protector with on/off switch for savings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like DVD players and stuff like that? I'm not gonna officially call BS, but 25% sounds a little high.