Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: PSA: EVERYONE READ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think a large problem is multiple people with >100 posts giving crappy advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell them why you think they are wrong? Start a debate...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you like banging your head against a brick wall a lot?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think a large problem is multiple people with >100 posts giving crappy advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell them why you think they are wrong? Start a debate...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you like banging your head against a brick wall a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, there are numerous people who post hand they butcher or bad advice and defend it to the grave, thats not the point of this place AFAIK.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Which is good for the games so I don't care too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kil, part of the whole idea of the forum is for them to post advice even if it's wrong. That's how they learn. It's better than having them post pointless hands. If you don't like it you can just ignore the post. Attacking them over and over just creates a flame war which clutters the forum and creates a negative environment that's not helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

aside from the few posts like this it makes you wonder if noobs are even welcome here
Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kil, part of the whole idea of the forum is for them to post advice even if it's wrong. That's how they learn. It's better than having them post pointless hands. If you don't like it you can just ignore the post. Attacking them over and over just creates a flame war which clutters the forum and creates a negative environment that's not helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

aside from this post it makes you wonder if noobs are even welcome here

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually, shouldn't noobs be at uNL? The signal to noise ratio is a problem here...and I deal with it the best I can by identifying those regs who generally seem to give solid advice...and pay more attention to their responses. For sure, I think there should be a wide leeway for debate. I'm against limiting discussion here to only interesting or complex hands. What seems automatic to one may seem clearly erroneous to others, and I love that a decent number of regs take the time to point out basic flaws...we shouldn't lose that aspect of things either. But I think there has to be a balance too...and it's frustrating to wade through debates with newbies. Where to draw the line though...
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually, shouldn't noobs be at uNL? The signal to noise ratio is a problem here...and I deal with it the best I can by identifying those regs who generally seem to give solid advice...and pay more attention to their responses. For sure, I think there should be a wide leeway for debate. I'm against limiting discussion here to only interesting or complex hands. What seems automatic to one may seem clearly erroneous to others, and I love that a decent number of regs take the time to point out basic flaws...we shouldn't lose that aspect of things either. But I think there has to be a balance too...and it's frustrating to wade through debates with newbies. Where to draw the line though...

[/ QUOTE ]

saying fold preflop 10 times and then having people ask you to ignore it is endlessly frustrating.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

saying fold preflop 10 times and then having people ask you to ignore it is endlessly frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, respect the advice that I recieve that is well explained, it helps me understand why I should or shouldn't do something. I do not consider myself as good a player as most I run across in these forums so I hope you will bear with me and others like me who wish to learn and may fire back in order to recieve clarification on things our undeveloped poker brains don't yet grasp...thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2007, 01:04 AM

Carnival Hobo,

Since you seem to have an attitude about you that helping noobs like myself and others feel welcome and learn here, I'm curious what you're doing here yourself? Certainly you weren't a noob once, and obviously you can't ignore the threads that irritate you. You're obviously a great player judging by your quick rise through the ranks via posting a lot over the course of the year and to consider that you might be willing to give back would be preposterous, of course.

As for sending us noobs to uNL, some of us have played a lot of poker and just recently found 2+2. If I play 1/2 and 2/4 why should I have to post down there because I am new? I understand your desire for some elitist society but don't think a public message board will ever serve that purpose. If you don't like it here, you're more than welcome to leave because with the attitude you've displayed in this thread it's certain that new posters like myself and others will be taking over this place before long, since we're actually here to learn and discuss hands rather than flaunt our post counts and demand respect.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 AM

imho, <1% of the poor state of SSNL can attributed to "n00bs".
Old 04-25-2007, 01:17 AM

I don't think Hobo's responses here had that much attitude tbh. It would be nice to find a solution to this problem though, as it can be frustrating to continually revisit the same topics that can't all be addressed in the FAQ (e.g., folding KK pf). Short of a spin-off forum of only regs with posting privileges, I don't have any immediate ideas...and that idea sucks, as I wouldn't be allowed in.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:26 AM

I find it funny that b/c I am new to 2+2, therefore I am "new" to poker and my thoughts on a hand are "horrible".

I'll be the first one to tell you I am wrong. I just lose a lot of respect for someone who states "fold" as there responds and then states that my opinion is "terrible". WHY would you fold here? WHY would you raise?

I personally learn the best by trying to prove my idea or trying to prove why I feel someone elses idea is wrong. I am questioning your opinion on a hand... Not you. Get over your own Ego.

I also think it is always important to think outside the box. The "by the book" play is not always the only play.

Just my opinion, I have decided to give 2+2 a week or so and determine then if it is worth my time.