Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ehh.. figured at the time his range was weighed heavier towards Tx that will most probably give up to a 3barrel on that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

what? that's like the least scariest board ever for Tx.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you c/c 3 barrels when all you beat is air with Tx routinely?

Clearly Tx isn't folding to the 2nd barrel. But it also isn't folding the river unless you represent an actual hand by betting the turn.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly Tx isn't folding to the 2nd barrel. But it also isn't folding the river unless you represent an actual hand by betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, this sums up my thoughts pretty much dead on. maybe its just me and my game but it feels like the ability to 3barrel well is such a huge advantage over the average TAGs at these stakes.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Tx??? What 16/15 stack-a-donks the turn with Tx???

Check river yo. His stack-a-donk range doesn't have you looking pretty as far as what hands c/r turn and call riv that you beat.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tx??? What 16/15 stack-a-donks the turn with Tx???

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I know. of course he's not c/ring the turn with just a ten. I was sayin if he's got Tx (which he should more than a monster here imo) I think I can get him to fold it by the river if I keep the gas down.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 PM

More river thoughts:

- Villain can check an A here because it's almost impossible for him to VB it and get called
- Villain will not call river with worse very often because hero shows up with air just about never after turn action and thus most of hero's riv betting range is an A for the straight
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Villain will not call river with worse very often because hero shows up with air just about never after turn action and thus most of hero's riv betting range is an A for the straight

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno I think he has to have me pegged for an overpair after the turn bet call. so why wouldn't he bet the river w/ a straight and hope I can't let go of KK-JJ?

and if I'm bettin the river to represent the straight in his mind I'd have to have exactly AA which is why I decided to check.

I dunno though, if I potted the river it'd be a super tough call for a set.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really wished I'd bombed the river lookin back on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno though, if I potted the river it'd be a super tough call for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, so villain had TT or 55, you checked, are now results oriented and regret that you didn't turn your set into a bluff b/c he miiiight fold a better set? Yet you say villain has very little reason to put you on a straight. Am I right?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno I think he has to have me pegged for an overpair after the turn bet call. so why wouldn't he bet the river w/ a straight and hope I can't let go of KK-JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll bet sometimes, but it's also def possible that he doesn't see himself getting called by worse. I mean, would you call with KK-JJ there? Prob not, so he prob knows that.

[ QUOTE ]
and if I'm bettin the river to represent the straight in his mind I'd have to have exactly AA which is why I decided to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that mean? He'd call you light because he thinks you're trying to rep exactly AA? Or he'd fold a lot because he believes you?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Villain can check an A here because it's almost impossible for him to VB it and get called

[/ QUOTE ]
The only way villain shows up with an A here is if he has slowplayed AA or maybe A4s.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think worse sets will call often, but well I agree the bet doesn't really have much value.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM

...and there's 2 sets he can have higher than Hero's and 1.14 that's lower (.14 = 33 since he would have had to peel flop and turn it), so valuebetting vs sets isn't gonna be profitable.