Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Kimbo Slice vs. Ray Mercer Fight *VIDEO*

kimbo has what appears to be a high threshold for pain, and he's also built like a guy on roids and i suspect he isn't.

what makes him good imo, is something that cant be taught: a really sick amount of desire. when i see kimbo fight, i see a guy who's fighting not only another person, but he's fighting his own demons. if i had to guess, i'd say kimbo didnt have a nice childhood and probably has lived a really hard life. that's something you can't learn or teach, and it's something that can make a person extremely dangerous, like kimbo.

if he is trainable, i think he could make his way to the top of MMA fighting.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, he'll never reach a point where he becomes a favorite over good fighters, or even lower weight division fighters. I think Matt Hughes, Matt Serra, GSP, BJ Penn, Karo Parisyan, Jens Pulver, etc. would do extremely bad things to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, some of the best fighters in the world would destroy him?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:14 AM

BJ PENN > KIMBO? YA DON'T SAY

Kimbo's a [censored] monster though(size wise).
Old 06-25-2007, 05:51 AM

Whoop-dee-do. Did anybody actually give Mercer a shot? He's got a bigger gut than me.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:14 AM

Perfectly executed show by Kimbo's handlers. He takes on a name guy and gets maximum exposure while minimizing risk. I like Kimbo and I think he's a fun story. I haven't seen it but I heard the hype after the match involved Tank Abbot calling him out. Tank would be the perfect next opponent for Kimbo.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Perfectly executed show by Kimbo's handlers. He takes on a name guy and gets maximum exposure while minimizing risk. I like Kimbo and I think he's a fun story. I haven't seen it but I heard the hype after the match involved Tank Abbot calling him out. Tank would be the perfect next opponent for Kimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta give the match to Tank.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't tank getting ancient and stuff now? Wouldn't this just be the same situation all over again (aging name guy comes in to get murdered?)

Just checked wikipedia. Tank is 42, and would be a heavy underdog. He was 2-4 in his last 6 fights BEFORE going to professional wrestling in 1998. In 2003, when he attempted a comeback, he lost in three UFC events in a row, and then went 1-3 in lower level promotions. and in that 1-6 record he has been KO'd or submitted in the first round 6 times. Tank is pretty much dead on arrival now.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't tank getting ancient and stuff now? Wouldn't this just be the same situation all over again (aging name guy comes in to get murdered?)

Just checked wikipedia. Tank is 42, and would be a heavy underdog. He was 2-4 in his last 6 fights BEFORE going to professional wrestling in 1998. In 2003, when he attempted a comeback, he lost in three UFC events in a row, and then went 1-3 in lower level promotions. and in that 1-6 record he has been KO'd or submitted in the first round 6 times. Tank is pretty much dead on arrival now.

[/ QUOTE ]
All of which is exactly why he's a perfect fight for Kimbo.