Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: I\'m inexperienced in these situations, NL50 vs maniac

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] having direct position on a maniac. Nothing shuts them down like calling behind them. Not with anything, obviously, but with decent hands. If you flop something and reasonably believe it's the best hand, call him down. Doing this two or three times tames them completely (or puts them on massive tilt so they're even easier to bust). Then you can stop playing passive and start stealing pots, they'll always show you more respect after you call them down a couple times with winners.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 PM

I open these types of hands a bit in EP, is that a problem? It's not like I raise J9s UTG 100% of the time.
Uhh... I have position on him in this hand.....

What hands should I be raising with here then? In LP? SB?

I'm rarely laying this down to his preflop reraise. Getting roughly 2-1, with position, plus ths fact he will massively overbet pot means I have already trapped him. I have no problem calling here, looking for a flop, but releasing if I don't hit it well (as in this case).

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably the worst excuse I ever heard, when someone is playing bad hand from UTG. Try to get used to fold this hand from EP and MP unless you are playing at the most passive table ever. This is a perfect example why you shouldn't play these hands especially when there's a maniac in your table. You hit the flop well and yet you don't know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit this flop well??? TPNK?? Plus I doubt that's the worst excuse you've ever heard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

What's my action if I have KJ or AJ here? What about 88-TT?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:14 AM

If your read is that he overbets the flop when he misses then I guess you can think about calling, my only problem is he reraised you preflop. I would pick a better spot. The only reason I fold is villains preflop reraise.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:06 AM

No, that's wrong, I would play that from BTN or with some limpers in there. I would try to take some flops with the maniac, but never with trap hands OOP.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I open these types of hands a bit in EP, is that a problem? It's not like I raise J9s UTG 100% of the time.
Uhh... I have position on him in this hand.....

What hands should I be raising with here then? In LP? SB?

I'm rarely laying this down to his preflop reraise. Getting roughly 2-1, with position, plus ths fact he will massively overbet pot means I have already trapped him. I have no problem calling here, looking for a flop, but releasing if I don't hit it well (as in this case).

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably the worst excuse I ever heard, when someone is playing bad hand from UTG. Try to get used to fold this hand from EP and MP unless you are playing at the most passive table ever. This is a perfect example why you shouldn't play these hands especially when there's a maniac in your table. You hit the flop well and yet you don't know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit this flop well??? TPNK?? Plus I doubt that's the worst excuse you've ever heard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

What's my action if I have KJ or AJ here? What about 88-TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a problem!! Have you read any of these previous posts? You don’t have to care about your table image at these micro stakes tables that much and especially when there’s a maniac still to act. If you don’t believe us, that’s fine with me, just keep on playing that way and you’ll find out the right answer eventually yourself.

You said that you had 2-1 odds to call his preflop raise. What did you expect from the flop with those odds? If you’re referring to 2-1 odds, then I would say that you got the flop you were looking for. If you think that TPNK is no good here (which may very well be the case), why did you call with that preflop? I still think that you hit the flop very well, only problem is that you have very weak starting hand.

And seriously… Your excuse was probably the worst.

After reading all your posts, I’m starting to think that you are actually someone who is more advanced player than any of us and decided to post the most badly played hand you could think of, just to entertain yourself. But if you are real, start listening these advices or try to find other hobby. There’s nothing wrong asking these questions, but ignoring all the answers… But if you want to keep on playing like this, I bet that no-one is switching tables when you are there.