Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: $5-10 hold em at foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
Does FW spread the 6/12 or 8/16? I play 2/4 and 3/6 online as well as NL and PLO. Looking in June to fine a level I'll be comfortable at.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither - @ FW Its 4/8, 5/10 with full kill, or 10/20. I think the FW 10/20 plays a little easier than Party Poker 5/10 before the ban and a little tougher than 3/6 - but I didn't spend a lot of time at that 3/6 level @ Party...

I have never played the FW 5/10 with full kill but I know some 10/20 regulars who play it when there are a lot of kills going on. I have heard that in kill pots the game gets very loose - but I would assume that it is much looser and more passive than the 10/20 game in any case. If you win at 2/4 and 3/6 online, you should do very well at 4/8 and 5/10 as well. I think it would be reasonable to try the 10/20 once you feel you can handle the 5/10. You can sign up for more than one type of game when you get there and see what opens up first. On weekdays get there by 10am - on weekends by 8am - to minimize waiting.

I am usually wearing a black NY Knicks cap and play 10/20 Fridays and Saturdays when I can get there - please say hi if you see me.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

please tell me about your experiences at this game, maybe i'm wrong or my one experience wasn't a good measure of it and time should be devoted to adapting to it and beating it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lost 2k in the game this month, so it should be pretty profitable when I am at the table.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does FW spread the 6/12 or 8/16? I play 2/4 and 3/6 online as well as NL and PLO. Looking in June to fine a level I'll be comfortable at.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither - @ FW Its 4/8, 5/10 with full kill, or 10/20. I think the FW 10/20 plays a little easier than Party Poker 5/10 before the ban and a little tougher than 3/6 - but I didn't spend a lot of time at that 3/6 level @ Party...

I have never played the FW 5/10 with full kill but I know some 10/20 regulars who play it when there are a lot of kills going on. I have heard that in kill pots the game gets very loose - but I would assume that it is much looser and more passive than the 10/20 game in any case. If you win at 2/4 and 3/6 online, you should do very well at 4/8 and 5/10 as well. I think it would be reasonable to try the 10/20 once you feel you can handle the 5/10. You can sign up for more than one type of game when you get there and see what opens up first. On weekdays get there by 10am - on weekends by 8am - to minimize waiting.

I am usually wearing a black NY Knicks cap and play 10/20 Fridays and Saturdays when I can get there - please say hi if you see me.

[/ QUOTE ] I'll be there soon Rick and I'll say whats up. You'll see my in a Jets hat, or NY Yankees hat with a lot of chips in my hand,lol. This bus train/ride combo from Port Authority to FW is crazy though, but I like Foxwoods and I need somewhere to play after they shut the internet down. Feel more comfortable playing there than anywhere I've played.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have very limited experience in th 5/10 game. Games are generally better then the 10/20 games though, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 is probably the least profitable structure in Holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This question may be better suited for poker theory, but why do you think it is the least profitable? Certainly not many rooms seem to spread it - most I have been to have 4/8 and or 6/12, but not 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't pose that as a question and it's not a "theory". 5/10 limit Holdem is the least profitable Holdem structure, which may be spread in a poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I'm the one who asked a question, I didn't say that you did. I was just wanting to know why, and figured others might as well; Would still be nice if you or someone would let us know.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner I came back to the same table and the LAGs were replaced by more rocks. One was even reading a book - not a good sign, One was taking notes in a pad. After a couple of rounds of witnessing no kill pots and all their seriousness, I went for the table change.

All told I built my 400$ buy-in up to 1100, Then I either started getting stupider, looser, or stopped catching cards. Whatever. Cashed out $700 at about 4am.

Moral, yes there are a lot of rock regulars. Most of them play ABC, and can be beat but be careful, change tables if there are no obvious fish food (cause then it is you). It only takes one or two wild ones to make the game really good, though be patient...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember you correctly (6 seat Saturday night?) you played it very well.

Ironically, the guy who was reading his history book was very inconsistent and moody. He would put down his book to cold call with q8o and then go back to reading for an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

May have been 7 seat. I am a big guy, glasses. Was wearing a button down metro-sexual purple/lavendar/white striped shirt. More action and fewer regulars at my second table (seemed to be 4 that played in the game semi-regularly), though I didn't really build my stack there. The last table after mine broke was key...

And you were?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:02 PM

I was in the 2 seat with my cowboy shirt.