Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: i always lose a huge pot in thishandsoijustkindagaveuponbettingtheturn

guys this is why i don't win when i raise non premium hands. it [censored] does not work to bet 2 streets into these people i'm just [censored] throwing away my money

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1.60
BB: $11.70
UTG: $12.73
CO: $2.56
Hero (BTN): $8.58

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, CO folds

Flop: ($1.15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, BB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, BB calls $1.80

River: ($5.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5.95</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $5.95 returned to BB

Pot Size: $5.95 ($0.29 Rake)

and don't tell me my bet sizing is the problem because you know thats [censored] [censored]
Old 08-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: i always lose a huge pot in thishandsoijustkindagaveuponbettingthe

[ QUOTE ]
guys this is why i don't win when i raise non premium hands. it [censored] does not work to bet 2 streets into these people i'm just [censored] throwing away my money

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1.60
BB: $11.70
UTG: $12.73
CO: $2.56
Hero (BTN): $8.58

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, CO folds

Flop: ($1.15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, BB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, BB calls $1.80

River: ($5.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5.95</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $5.95 returned to BB

Pot Size: $5.95 ($0.29 Rake)

and don't tell me my bet sizing is the problem because you know thats [censored] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get why you fold on the river here. What do you think he could have? Probably AT-A7 or a busted flush draw.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Your bet sizing is the problem.

Your opponents are putting you on a hand and then taking you off it. One of the reasons is your insanely weak betting i.e. betting $1.80 on that turn card.

Anyway on the first hand you need to bet the flop bigger and bet the turn also. In the second hand bet the flop MORE like at least $1 and I also bet the turn. I can consider a river call but I'd probably just fold in this case.

You play very weak, scared poker and you are too easy to push around. You need to alter this attitude and learn to be aggressive or you have no future in poker. Also you need to work on your attitude because it seems to me like you have no confidence and you sound like you are tilting.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:17 PM

I lol'ed if u think this is a HUGE pot
Old 08-30-2007, 03:27 PM

That's a largish medium pot.

And, Ama, I think that 1.8 on the turn there is fine. That's about 75% of pot. The flop should have been bet a bunch more though so then the turn bet shoulda been bigger after that. However, I think he needs to call the river there.....especially with the 6's paired on the board.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:38 PM

Your main issue on the second hand is making a decision about pot commitment.

On the turn the pot size has pushed over just over 1/4 the size of your remaining stack, which means that any decent size bet puts over 1/3 of your stack in the pot and makes a turn raise or river PSB from villain a decision for all of your chips. At the beginning of the turn you need to decide if you are ahead most of the hands that villain would get all-in by showdown or if you are more likely the underdog in that situation. If you feel you would be ahead, then do exactly what you did and be completely willing to get it all-in by showdown come what may. If you feel you are behind, check behind to keep the pot small enough to call a PSB from villain, or check behind if he checks to you.

As a point of note, Professional No Limit Hold 'Em focuses heavily on exactly these kind of situations and does a really good job teaching you how they crop up and how to know already have a plan for them by the time they get there.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 PM

this is the same book that tells you to bet more with your big hands so you can get more into the pot on later streets which i think is stupid and transparent
Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn the pot size has pushed over just over 1/4 the size of your remaining stack, which means that any decent size bet puts over 1/3 of your stack in the pot and makes a turn raise or river PSB from villain a decision for all of your chips. At the beginning of the turn you need to decide if you are ahead most of the hands that villain would get all-in by showdown or if you are more likely the underdog in that situation. If you feel you would be ahead, then do exactly what you did and be completely willing to get it all-in by showdown come what may. If you feel you are behind, check behind to keep the pot small enough to call a PSB from villain, or check behind if he checks to you.

As a point of note, Professional No Limit Hold 'Em focuses heavily on exactly these kind of situations and does a really good job teaching you how they crop up and how to know already have a plan for them by the time they get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying i should never even consider folding this hand???
Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: i always lose a huge pot in thishandsoijustkindagaveuponbettingtheturn

have to bet on the turn then u will get check behind on river. ITs cheaper [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying i should never even consider folding this hand???

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I never said this. What I did say was that at the point in the hand where the smallest stack is at or close enough to 4 times the size of the pot make a decision as to whether or not this hand is good enough to get all-in with when compared against the range of hands that you believe your opponent will get all-in with. If think it is, then you are committed and have no problem facing aggression from villain. If not, then you want to play a small pot and will fold if it looks like you can't keep the pot small.

In this hand the smallest stack is about 8 times the pot size on the flop, and you really can't be sure that top pair 3rd kicker will be good against a villain who will call a big bet on the flop, turn, and river. In this case the best option is to keep the pot small or fold if you can't do that. Your best option would have been to check behind on the turn and call up to a pot size bet from villain on the river.