Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: OOP vs TAG in capped pot

But regardless of the actual merits of the play, nearly everybody in the games today will call the flop with the nut flush so it is definitely in his range (this doesn't matter too much since it's only ~1-2 hand combos, so I'm essentially debating a meaningless point).
Old 08-23-2007, 12:50 PM

FWIW, it might sound weird but I'm not even sure we should bet the flop. Every option is obviously really bad, but what is the point of a flop bet? Fold equity vs. black KQ - true. No better hands fold though and a bunch of worse ones might - or worse, raise us off the winner. We "charge" red TT but what if he raises? I don't think we can call down... bad spot, I dunno.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM

BTW Oink, sorry if I came off snappy - didn't mean that.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:00 PM

I think you are way off about playing nut flush secretprankster. I think most players would play it fast, especially good players. Villian would get more action that you think vs AK/AQ imo. Hero will be b/3b the flop with AK with or without the flush draw, fearing a free card play from a lone diamond.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM

You make good points based on your assumptions, but those I disagree with.

As usual we disagree and I think thats great cuz as usual I learn from that. You more than anyone else here makes me think about poker.

Sorry for hijack Yourface.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW Oink, sorry if I came off snappy - didn't mean that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Villian would get more action that you think vs AK/AQ imo. Hero will be b/3b the flop with AK with or without the flush draw, fearing a free card play from a lone diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly my main concern. A diamond on the turn will freeze the action since those hands might very well c/c or b/f a d turn. (I dunno how yourface would play those turns)
Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 PM

The fear of the free card play is a good point and one I admit I didn't think about (so he will be reluctant to call and then check with an ace). Makes the situation closer. There are interesting spots in this hand regardless. I wonder what ILP or dileslyson does.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 AM

I would've played it the same as yourface. If I was villain I would probably wait for the turn with Ax for the reasons secretprankster gave. But this is a pretty rare spot (for me at least, I don't play a ton of hands) so I don't think we can get a good idea of what he does with Ax or a flopped flush with the limited read, since most of us are divided on how we'd play it. I would probably raise a flopped flush in his position FWIW.

I wouldn't consider check/folding the turn during play, but it could have merit. Would you guys bet 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in villain's spot if hero checked the turn without knowledge that he can check/fold hands? It looks alot like KK or QQ with a diamond when he checks, since most of us wouldn't consider check/folding.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't consider check/folding the turn during play, but it could have merit. Would you guys bet 88 in villain's spot if hero checked the turn without knowledge that he can check/fold hands? It looks alot like KK or QQ with a diamond when he checks, since most of us wouldn't consider check/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would check 8d8x. The more I think about this hand the more I like a turn c/f.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:06 AM

sharpie I would check behind 8d8 in villain's spot

what is the lowest PP you guys would bet as villain here? I think QQ
Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 AM

i think you played this hand perfectly with little history.