Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - 10 handed - Q3s in BB against loose player and PFR - River Play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would call preflop. we have good position to c/r the pfr and sb if we catch a flop to our liking(fd, trips, two pair, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...this could apply to any potential call from the BB with nearly any two cards vs. a steal raise and an SB call--however, it doesn't mean we are getting the right price for the cards we are holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

we have around 26% equity getting 5-1. i'm calling all day.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - 10 handed - Q3s in BB against loose player and PFR - River

[ QUOTE ]
bernie,

I'm lost on your thinking on nearly every street. What do we get by getting HUs on flop and why would we bet into the PFR w/Q high? Same thing on the turn, what is he folding? Describing the SB the SB will call the turn and we want to go to the river with Q high?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, what are you hoping to flop preflop? It's a s/h situation so you don't always have to hit the flop to win. Unless these are calling stations.

On the flop, you're not representing Q high by betting out. You're representing top pair on a drawless board. He would fold a better hand than you have which then possibly leaves you HU with a worse player with position. But a check is fine here also.

On the turn no one's shown any interest, take a stab. CO could easily fold a better hand here. His range is probably much narrower than SBs. Even if you fold out a better Q, isn't that good enough to bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Describing the SB the SB will call the turn and we want to go to the river with Q high?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB has done nothing in the pot but called a raise PF and check 2 streets. You're now suddenly worried about him? If you get HU with SB after betting the turn(which puts more pressure on CO since there's probably going to be a call behind him so your bet looks a little stronger), you bet the river if checked to.

But it's back to the initial question: What were you hoping to flop?

b
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call any 2 suited here with a paint card.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't answer the question.

b
Old 10-20-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

3 way I don't worry about kicker. If I hit any pair I likely am ahead enough of the time and I'm not married to the hand.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Results

When SB bet I considered I likely had him beat...yeah he could have a Q and then I'm not gonna win but I thought it was 80% chance that he had a lower pair being he would value bet any pair here.

To put the PFR on hand I considered what hands he could have to be able to call a bet which I think would be many pocket pairs or something like KQ or some Q that is better than mine.

If I raise and get raised back I'm losing every time. If I call and the PFR calls I think I'm losing a decent amount of time. If PFR folds I think I win a decent amount of time.

I am undecided on the best river play here. I called, PFR called.

SB shows for a pair of 2s. PFR shows QJo. I asked after if he calls 2 on the river and he says no. I'm fine with the call but am glad I at least thought about raising.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results

When SB bet I considered I likely had him beat...yeah he could have a Q and then I'm not gonna win but I thought it was 80% chance that he had a lower pair being he would value bet any pair here.

To put the PFR on hand I considered what hands he could have to be able to call a bet which I think would be many pocket pairs or something like KQ or some Q that is better than mine.

If I raise and get raised back I'm losing every time. If I call and the PFR calls I think I'm losing a decent amount of time. If PFR folds I think I win a decent amount of time.

SB shows for a pair of 2s. PFR shows QJo. I asked after if he calls 2 on the river and he says no. I'm fine with the call but am glad I at least thought about raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's out of there if you bet the turn.

b
Old 10-20-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

3 way I don't worry about kicker. If I hit any pair I likely am ahead enough of the time and I'm not married to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm not sure what you're not understanding about my thoughts on playing the hand.

b
Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results

[/ QUOTE ]

He's out of there if you bet the turn.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.