Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 PM

Default Re: curtains\' hand #11 (l3)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One's range doesn't have to be AA+KK to make folding QQ okay. Anyway I dunno someone should do the math for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh yeah, it does. Why else would you fold QQ here given the stacks?

Push and let him call with AK or JJ or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this type of player is not calling AK or JJ vs curtains push here. Basically pushing will never fold a better hand, and will RARELY, if ever, get called by a worse hand against this opponent.

His range in this situation with a limper has to be tight, so if we make it TT+, AK (which has to be his biggest range here) we have 52% equity. Factor in a little fold equity, and it doesnt look too bad.

I'm not much of a math person, but i am interested in the numbers. If i had time, i would run them myself, but i have a father...and its his day, so i'm gonna get on that.

FWIW, 80-85% of the time i would push this and not be estatic about it. 15-20% i would cold call (something i started doing a bit more of before i switched back to ring games AGAIN) and get it in on most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh I dunno, they might call AK or JJ.....I might be giving them too much credit.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:12 PM

His range definitely has to include AK+JJ+TT for me to push. I dont have enough info on that player to get a good feel of what to do, but I think folding isn't extraordinarily bad. In practice I generally shove then write notes on him depending on whether or not he calls or folds.

I also want to know if the MP1 limper is the type to occasionally limp AA/KK in this spot as well.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

His range in this situation with a limper has to be tight, so if we make it TT+, AK (which has to be his biggest range here) we have 52% equity. Factor in a little fold equity, and it doesnt look too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not sure of the math, but I would imagine that if his range is JJ+ AK+ this is a fold. Obviously against an unknown this is a stupid easy push, but against this specific opponent it isn't that bad.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His range definitely has to include AK+JJ+TT for me to push. I dont have enough info on that player to get a good feel of what to do, but I think folding isn't extraordinarily bad. In practice I generally shove then write notes on him depending on whether or not he calls or folds.

I also want to know if the MP1 limper is the type to occasionally limp AA/KK in this spot as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponent is probably the MOST regular player at the $215s
Old 06-18-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lololol SMFofTS Im sure I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] SMF lol...we play basically the same way. You are looking at QQ+ and AK or maybe even tighter. No joke but I would just muck it and pick a better spot. Anyone else and I push all-in.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 PM

With your image you think there is any chance he would ever fold KK to a push?

Probably not, but if so at some point you can get creative with an Ax hand.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lololol SMFofTS Im sure I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] SMF lol...we play basically the same way. You are looking at QQ+ and AK or maybe even tighter. No joke but I would just muck it and pick a better spot. Anyone else and I push all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so he is that tight....way to go me. But ok cmon he could obviously have JJ. How can he be tighter than AK and QQ here??
Old 06-18-2006, 02:53 PM

Maybe if he's a regular and you've only seen him raise in this situation with KK or AA and NOTHING ELSE... but come on, that's ridiculous. I can't imagine he'd be a winning player by only raising those two hands in that situation ever.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if he's a regular and you've only seen him raise in this situation with KK or AA and NOTHING ELSE... but come on, that's ridiculous. I can't imagine he'd be a winning player by only raising those two hands in that situation ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is the weirdishly large raise that is setting off alarm bells. The range is often QQ+, AK in such spots, making this a clear fold.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:53 PM

I wonder what people would say if it wasnt my name attached to this HH? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]