Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 06:02 AM

Default Re: If poker sites are rigged, let\'s prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
[Pacific Poker players] will suck you out constantly but should toss their money at you eventually. So even though they suck you can make good money here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true.

I'm married and at the beginning I would get "sucked out" all the time but eventually it just stopped happening.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:38 AM

Is this really what you joined this site to 'talk' about or are you just a pointless troll?

Is this the most pressing question on your mind about online poker? Because none of the pros and semi-pros here give it a second thought.

It has been done to death hundreds of times before- did you even try to use the search function? - you may as well go and argue about proving intelligent design in a geneticists forum.

There are so many sites, so many possible ways to 'rig' that what you are asking cannot be proved negatively.

I have played on 27 sites over the past 3 years. I am up on 25 of them and down on two - Codepoker (cash games) and Pacific (MTT's). Do I think this means 'something is wrong' at these two sites? No I don't. And I'll bet you by the end of next year I'll be up on those sites too..
Old 12-31-2006, 10:41 AM

OP, I'm surprised that you don't realize that the site you linked is a sham. Whoever created it simply decided that the subject matter would attract hits from Google searches and, in turn, make the site owner money from people clicking through his poker room banners.

I mean, come on. I saw a Pacific Poker ad on a page called "Pacific Poker Sucks." I saw the same for Absolute and others.

There is also a link there to a site selling "information" on how to make money off the online poker industry (presumably how to be an affiliate). It's the typical scam site format, just like you would see on a site selling a bot. Oh, and while the info is "worth" more than $450, he's selling it for $97. And "today only" it's on sale for $47.

Don't believe everything you read on the internets.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:58 AM

It's probably his own site - I mean 6 posts, come on..
Old 12-31-2006, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And finally - twodimes type analysis doesn't account for the type of rigging where you constantly run into bad turn and river cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

It most certainly detects rigged turn and river cards. It's really the only way. All-in matchups are the only pure tests. All others are tainted by the action.

Analysis of PT databases without some homemade tools gets you only the most brain dead tests. Tests for things no reasonably smart site would rig.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, the definitive analysis is this survey of a half million hands on PokerRoom.com.

https://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/cardStats

[/ QUOTE ]

A joke?

PokerRoom audits PokerRoom?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The strongest practical argument against rigging is simple dissemination of information - in order to rig a site, you have to get a programmer to do it, and that is typically someone who has no real incentive to keep quiet about it after he leaves his job. The fact that we haven't heard of any programmers talking about how they were personally directed to rig a site by this point is the strongest evidence against it, IMHO. But that is still just conjecture, and not proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good argument but not the strongest practical argument.

The strongest argument is that hands are in public domain. If the dealing is rigged any close to what this shady site claims it would be discovered long long ago. There are thousands of players on Stars with hundreds of thousands of hands in their PT databases. It's enough that one respected player would post about a deviation discovered you would see a very different reaction from online community. But that never hapenned. To the contrary there were quite a few posts with players posting their results that were as expected.

That is very close to a proof you can imagine for a negative.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:00 PM

Admittedly getting a little long in the tooth now, but Jim Easton's post stopped most of us worrying as much as you seem to be.

The sites all pretend they have secret methods to check for cheats, colluders and bots. Really, it's up to the players to report things and plays that appear to be unusual, and then the sites can look back at their records to check if the same guys play together all the time; team-raise others out of pots; fold strange hands; etc.

It's the same thing with the deal. Everyone has Pokertracker, and if anyone with a good track-record at Twoplustwo posted their records that showed out of the ordinary statistical deviations then that would alert others to recheck their records in the subject area.

This has never, I repeat, never happened.

That is good enough "proof" for 99% of the members that the deal is fair; and, reasonably so, imo.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:30 PM

I love the way he claims he has 1.4 million hands from Stars but he won't make them available.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:57 PM

I wonder why he cares whether or not the sites are rigged anyway when he's also advertising bots for sale. It's almost as if he's only in it for the money and has no scruples whatsoever.