Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Noah\'s 2nd account taking on Raymer

[ QUOTE ]
Odd. I don't find this subject the least bit interesting.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly cause you are an honest man that plays on one account?

A post on pocketfives in "defense" ??? of this mess..

"I asked Noah 3 hours before the final table if it was him playing that account, and he told me no, that it was one of his roommates playing, but that he did have a substantial percentage of that player. I asked him if he'd come on and post at some point to clear that up, and he said he intends to do that tomorrow. "

And

Barbara Bush's dog wrote a book of which Barb had a substantial percentage of the revenue.

The guy is a cheat... what else do you call it?

Good thing I suck so I don't have to worry about these kind of issues!

How about a nice game of chess?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to chat about this tournament, there are a lot of things to discuss, including ... the spectacular finish that E-Daddie delivered to outrun Greg "Fossilman" Raymer. Those are the really interesting bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe my sarcasm meter is broken, but it's part of Lee's job to remind people that Pokerstars is where poker players become poker champions...just like you Greg!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 AM

I am really pissed off about Mr. Jones's brushing aside of potential corruption. It's like they made a little effort, and any more than that would be too difficult. It's posts like this that will end up in Congress when legislation is being considered.

Someone on another thread made a suggestion that sites like PokerStars require all play to be under a verified actual name, and that name to be displayed. I think this may be one of the only ways to get some feeling that I am playing against a real field. In fact, I may push for it if the opportunity comes up in association with future online gaming legislation.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Ucla and others,

Please visit the MTT forum and join my boycott of Stars.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM

And I did not know that PokerStars does not have a one person per hand rule. Nice to know that there may be 10 pros in an online chat box helping a guy that I am playing against, and that PokerStars has no problem with that. Beautiful.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And I did not know that PokerStars does not have a one person per hand rule. Nice to know that there may be 10 pros in an online chat box helping a guy that I am playing against, and that PokerStars has no problem with that. Beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exaclty could Stars ever know that someone is helping a player in a hand.. its impossible to regulate anyway so what does it matter if it is a rule or not?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to chat about this tournament, there are a lot of things to discuss, including ... the spectacular finish that E-Daddie delivered to outrun Greg "Fossilman" Raymer. Those are the really interesting bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe my sarcasm meter is broken, but it's part of Lee's job to remind people that Pokerstars is where poker players become poker champions...just like you Greg!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's broken.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy was making a joke. (one that made me smile I might add) Lighten up.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How exaclty could Stars ever know that someone is helping a player in a hand.. its impossible to regulate anyway so what does it matter if it is a rule or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It matters on many levels. You start with what is ethical and what is not, and then do what you can (if anything) to enforce those rules. PokerStars has lost all credibility by essentially throwing up their hands and saying that online cheating is okay because it is too hard to catch the cheaters. That is very unacceptable.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. There are a lot of things to be upset about in online poker.... this is not one of them by a long shot.