Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: August Cheese(LC)

8-16 report from Oceanside, CA

I win a couple of pots when I flop top pair or something and people call my value bets.

Then I raise AA UTG and I am called in 5 spots

864, I bet everyone calls,
Turn 4, I bet everyone calls,
River 8 I check and overcall to see 85, cool

Couple hands later I raise like 5 people OTB with AK, everyone calls and then someone decides to limp reraise for fun. It was an obvious lol omgz lets playing a huge pot play, I cap.

A83 flop, 8 turn, K river and I ended up losing to T8 after I called the c/r on the turn and just called the river.

Forced to call a couple bets with a big pair on a AAT3 board for the jackpot. The A didnt some but I was correct that it was still live.

We had the biggest juiceball ever in the game. Here is an example. I raise almost everyone OTB with ATs

AQT, this guy leads, couple people call, I rai!

9 on the turn, this guy leads again, women raises, I call, call,

River was a total blank, no flush, Now he checks, woman bets with J8, I call, and he makes the overcall with T8. Unfortunately he left with like 320 left that he did not decide to blast off to the table.

Some other tihngs happened. Words of advice for the day...

YOU CAN NOT CHECK RAISE RIVERS PLAYING LIVE 8-16. I found two awesome spots to do it today and both times they checked behind with hands I thought they would bet.

Also stacking your chips in retarded random towers does actually take your mind off how much you are winning or losing. I ended up a rack when I thought I was doing only a little better than even.

First winning session in Oceanside in FOREVEr. I have been murdering people in LA however. Oh yeah playing with $2 chips instead of $3 from teh 9-18 game in LA makes it seem much smaller for whatever reason. I was down a rack at one point today and then I remembered it was only 200 instead of 300. I almost didnt even care that I was actually losing!!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:49 AM

Picked up another 4 racks this week. $800 was from the 20, 1150 from the 10 and I made $100 outsmarting opponents in 1-2NL.

Sustainable?
Old 08-11-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Picked up another 4 racks this week. $800 was from the 20, 1150 from the 10 and I made $100 outsmarting opponents in 1-2NL.

Sustainable?

[/ QUOTE ]

just came back from borg 10/20 and played like a retarded monkey on crack.

still finished up $400 after 8 hrs.

def sustainable.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:37 PM

i thought i knew the answer to this but apparently i was mistaken. can you change your screenname on full tilt every so often? if so how?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 AM

It's [censored] pointless: I simply lack the top-deck skills.

At what point do you just give up? How many days/weeks/months of running like [censored]? At what point do you just accept that you suck at the game? Is 200k hands of running like [censored] a good starting point? How many 1-2-3 outers do you need to see before it's statistically so improbable that something wicked must be at hand?

[censored] this game.

Gee, you know what? Maybe I should take a break! Yes, I can go on my 20th break and return to the game to continu being the suckee as before.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Oh well, it's only a 170k hand break-even stretch.

What a fun way to utterly waste your time.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:51 AM

have you had anyone review your hands or sessions? not coaching necessarily, just some outside perspective? i would be glad to do it if you want the input. just some food for thought. or maybe get a coach. i don't know. just thinking.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have you had anyone review your hands or sessions? not coaching necessarily, just some outside perspective? i would be glad to do it if you want the input. just some food for thought. or maybe get a coach. i don't know. just thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've been wondering about that. It'd be cool if you'd be willing to do that. I also should always play my best game. There's always some mistakes in sessions that I can already see myself, and know they are wrong, yet I can't help it at times to make these mistakes. Often things like 3 betting when someone raises the river, and then calling the cap with AA overpair only. This is partly tilt I guess, thinking "they can't have outdrawn me again", and sure they can, and they have [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was trying to move to 6max, so i'm only playing $1/2 6max currently to get the feel for it. So far over 20k hands I've won only 0.30 BB/100; feels like running cold, but I'm sure there's tons of mistakes in my game there. I haven't played fullring for a while, maybe I can look up my last $3/6 session.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:53 PM

**question**

do any small stakesers live in or near Boston? if so, can you PM/IM me ASAP? i have some questions and possibly favors to ask. thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:33 AM

lol. this [censored] never works.

i have T3s in the sb. it folds to me and i complete against a pretty tight guy(by 6max standards) who is 21/11/2.

so anyway, i do the really rare open-complete(i usually raise any two in this situation), BB checks.

Flop(2sb): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet, he raises, i 3bet, he caps, i call.

Turn(5bb): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i grit my teeth and bet, he folds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] of course a few hands later he called me down wand picked off my 7high missed OESD. so he got some of it back.
Closed Thread