Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Calling 3-cold on the button: When?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

p.s. I'm not impressed with your read of Button. Lots of bad players are full of self-confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all I had to go on. He'd been at the table for just a few hands. Some people give off an aura and that's what I felt from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give off an aura of sexiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealer, I'll take the next seat change, tyvm.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:40 PM

The ridiculous bluff lead on the river is a very popular play in arizona. The stupid leads with hands they know they sucked out with where they can easily get a checkraise in is also popular. So calling on the river is really the only play for you.

I cold called 3 on the button one time outside of Arizona, and that was a couple of months ago, and that was when I was up against two pretty good players when it went raise UTG, 3 bet in cutoff, and I called with AA so I wouldn't completely give away my hand. Other than that it's either cap or fold.

Arizona is way different than any other game that I've ever played. I cold called 3 on the button a few times in Arizona because I knew I was going to get enough people in the pot, and having position throughout the hand in huge multiway pots like that against insanely bad players is always such a big advantage that you can give up some EV by the actual hole cards you are playing. I would often cold call 3 on the button with two loose blinds and two raisers I didn't respect all that much with any "big pot" cards, like the medium to high suited connectors and a lot of pocket pairs.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM

JJ
Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess. He must be one of the greatest players in the world if he can fold middle set! Hahaha......er, j/k. I suppose that it was some decent pair or connector type hand.

I agree with both drbk2 and that poster above who mentioned a big, multi-way pot. For me it's generally cap or fold but if there's a biiiig pot developing I've posted before about calling w/ hands like 10-8s. And here we are with the trite, old poker saying: It depends.

btw drbk2: In the 40 and there is only one fold to me on the button. I call w/ 10-8o, flop a 10 high board, bet it twice into a few players. River pairs a 3 that came on the flop and one of the pros bets out from the blind. I say 'oh, cut it out' and call. He tosses cards into the muck. There is NO way that play can work and they keep trying it.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 PM

a lot of the "pros" in that game are really bad also. They could beat that Arizona game like a drum but couldn't beat any other game in the country. Like I said before, it's a very special game in which if you employ a lot of the same strategies in that game in any other game in the world you would get murdered.

There are a couple of the aggro pros who I would raise the river on and instacall a 3 bet. They just can't give up on a pot. And I am never shown a big hand when they take this line EVER. And I never fold anything. And they know this. And they still do it. Makes you wonder...