Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Why does everybody seem to hate Bush these days?

[ QUOTE ]
all I can say is: did your parents have any children that lived? Because you, obviously, are in some other, parallel universe where brain cells are the most valuable, least populous particle around. Bush invaded a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, and was no direct threat to the U.S.; the "war on terror" has only strengthened Al-Queda and the recruiting therein; gay marriage: why do you give a rat's ass? and don't tell me "cuz that's what the Bible says", cuz it also says to have slaves, beat your women, and rape your daughters; abortion: why should you have any say so, dude, unless you have a vagina?; Iran and North Korea wouldn't be a threat if Bushit would quit acting like "to ignore a problem is to pretend it will go away"; the economy, wow; do you make over $100k a year? Because if you don't, let me tell ya, the economy doesn't feel so great; besides, the importance of the economy somewhat pales when compared to how the U.S. is viewed in the world community; and, last but not least, your assinine statement that Bushit is a "man of morals and integrity unlike his "former successor?" (isn't that an oxymoron?)btw: the word is predecessor. Bush has completely stomped on what makes (made?)this country so great: the Constitution. He has wiped his arse with it, and then laughed about it, PUBLICLY; he was told in the last election, by the people who supposedly put him in office, to change the way he is doing things in Iraq, and elsewhere, but he says 'nah, why change, when I'm leaving office soon anyway, who cares about a few American soldier's lives'; Clinton cheated on his wife; who cares? Bush was addicted to whiskey and coke; at least Clinton cared about human life; you call Bush a good christian, yet he careds not one bit about being honest with the voting public, nor about the lives of the soldiers; If I was Bush, I'd commit suicide; that'd be the best, most selfless thing he'd ever done...

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree only with the last sentence. the situation could be much worse under the rule of intelligent vice-president.
i see one as being fame-hungry puppet in the hands of power hungry architect and dictator wannabe.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would America EVER want to destroy some of it's best buildings/big city? Wow is all I can say to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Germany EVER want to set fire to its own parliament building?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget the Katrina fiasco. Its hard not to feel themonkey rage build up inside you when you think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting word choice regarding that situation...
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM

A better question (in my opinion) is one for the Bush supporters:

What are the things that Bush has done really well? (not "what things, despite how hard it has been have turned out okay")

I'll get the ball rolling:

For conservatives, I think the Alito and Roberts appointments were good.

That's all that I've got.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:10 AM

Quick without elaborating (will later if so desired).

1. Fiscal policy.

2. Support of Fed disinflationary monetary policy.

3. Support of traditional U.S. economic principles (could be tied in with 1 and 2 but I think he's done more with that).

4. Support of market alternatives for SS and medicare.

5. Rejection of Kyoto nonsense.

6. Support for increasing the available supply of oil available to consummers(have fun with that one).
Old 07-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Personally, I agree with the goose on this one. George W. Bush is one of the top five presidents of this century. Sure he made some rough decisions but generations from now we will look back at him as a reformer much the way we look back at Harry Truman. True, Iraq was not the cause of 9/11, it was terrorist. But they are everywhere and you need some geographical reference for people to feel like we can "win". Most presidents would have just gone after Osama but Bush shows a lot of creativity here. GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG. Bush doesnt hate gay people or young women any more than god does. Bush has the moral clarity to know that love between a man and another man should be kept secret. A lot of people would just look at dick Cheney and say to themselves "what a slimy old man." but they are forgetting that Dick cheney has worked his whole life in very tough positions and he used to be a young man from Wyoming with rippling abs and a warm bright smile that made your heart melt. Because he is so connected to our lord jesus christ he relizes that money doesnt really matter so he waste as much of it as possible
Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A better question (in my opinion) is one for the Bush supporters:

What are the things that Bush has done really well? (not "what things, despite how hard it has been have turned out okay")

I'll get the ball rolling:

For conservatives, I think the Alito and Roberts appointments were good.

That's all that I've got.

[/ QUOTE ]

SC appoints good.... along with wanting to privatize SS, even though dems will fight to the death on that one. Tax cuts. Quick recovery from Clinton economic downturn and 9-11 economic crash.

Bad.... spending out of control, too much religious based jargon / action, medicare program growth, Katrina (although more blame should go to local, state gavt there)
Old 07-25-2007, 12:02 PM

Wanting to privatize SS shouldn't count (in my opinion) because I think he should be judged on his accomplishments, not his desires. I mean, he also wants to effectively fight terrorists (which I support). Unfortunately, I don't think he's doing a good job at it.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wanting to privatize SS shouldn't count (in my opinion) because I think he should be judged on his accomplishments, not his desires. I mean, he also wants to effectively fight terrorists (which I support). Unfortunately, I don't think he's doing a good job at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point(s) well taken [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Strange that you would attack so virulently when you dont have a clue what you're talking about:

[ QUOTE ]
all I can say is: did your parents have any children that lived? Because you, obviously, are in some other, parallel universe where brain cells are the most valuable, least populous particle around. Bush invaded a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, and was no direct threat to the U.S. <font color="red"> What part of harboring, training and supporting terrorists isn't a threat to the US? All proven </font> ; the "war on terror" has only strengthened Al-Queda and the recruiting therein <font color="red">Al Qaeda proper...the OBL faction, is clearly not stronger, in fact its been rendered pretty useless, whether or not the growth of AQ splinter groups has grown more than it would have without the war in Iraq is impossible to prove one way or the other </font> ; gay marriage: why do you give a rat's ass? and don't tell me "cuz that's what the Bible says", cuz it also says to have slaves, beat your women, and rape your daughters; <font color="red">you got one right..sorta </font> abortion: why should you have any say so, dude, unless you have a vagina? <font color="red">because whether you agree or not, some people believe its murder, and it should be legislated, not defined by a questionable SCOTUS decision </font> ; Iran and North Korea wouldn't be a threat if Bushit would quit acting like "to ignore a problem is to pretend it will go away" <font color="red"> get your head out of the sand or whatever orifice its stuck in. Left to their own devices they are both huge threats </font> ; the economy, wow; do you make over $100k a year? Because if you don't, let me tell ya, the economy doesn't feel so great <font color="red">every part of the economy is better than it would have been under a Dem administration, because as shaky as Bush has been on spending, taxes are still lower, we are at full employment despite millions of illegal aliens in the job market, the stock markets are at record highs. If you don't make 100k a year, work harder or work smarter </font> ; besides, the importance of the economy somewhat pales when compared to how the U.S. is viewed in the world community <font color="red">nonsense. the world community's opinion is meaningless if we don't have a thriving economy to compete in the global marketplace. the world community respects economic power before anything else </font> ; and, last but not least, your assinine <font color="red">use spell checker if your'e going to criticize someone else's English </font> statement that Bushit is a "man of morals and integrity unlike his "former successor?" (isn't that an oxymoron?)btw: the word is predecessor. Bush has completely stomped on what makes (made?)this country so great: the Constitution. <font color="red">ORLY? What provisions has he stomped on that haven't been checked by SCOTUS, which is the way the system works. </font> He has wiped his arse with it, and then laughed about it, PUBLICLY; he was told in the last election, by the people who supposedly put him in office, to change the way he is doing things in Iraq <font color="red">It was a Congressional change, not a Presidential change. What has Congress done to change the way things are being done in Iraq, other than meaningless debates and attempts to pass window dressing? Congressional votes, which most directly reflect their constituencies opinions, belie the nonsense that there was an Iraq mandate in the last election </font> , and elsewhere, but he says 'nah, why change, when I'm leaving office soon anyway, who cares about a few American soldier's lives' <font color="red">I should trust your mind reading when you don't have the intellectual capacity to see the obvious </font> ; Clinton cheated on his wife; who cares? <font color="red">he lied to Congress and obstructed justice </font> Bush was addicted to whiskey and coke; at least Clinton cared about human life <font color="red">Im sure he does, but you have no basis to say anything different about GWB </font> ; you call Bush a good christian, yet he careds not one bit about being honest with the voting public, nor about the lives of the soldiers <font color="red">source? </font> ; If I was Bush, I'd commit suicide; that'd be the best, most selfless thing he'd ever done... <font color="red">more demonstration of your total lack of credibility, especially in a thread where you criticize someone elses empathy so frequently. If I were you I wouldn't post and embarass myself as thoroughly as you do here. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]