Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Senator Larry Craig

[ QUOTE ]

Additionally are there female undercover police officers trying to induce or waiting around places for males to want to engage in lewd acts? I suspect not and that is a double standard IMO.

I'm all for having more security checks of public restrooms and/or having more police security stationed close by so that people can report if there in inappropriate behavior but this seems a bit much to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. There are prostitution stings all the time that involve a woman waiting on men to pick them up. The female stings may not be happening in the MSP Airport, then again there is most likely not a problem of that sort there.

2. A security check/stationing an officer outside a restroom does very little. For a security check, what are the chances of something going on at that exact moment that an officer walks into a bathroom.

In regards to a stationed officer, someone stupid enough to engage in a lewd act with it known that a police officer is standing right outside is beyond help.

So it seems to me an undercover sting is the only way to go about it and clean up the issues in the airport.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while this is pretty funny I find it disturbing that you can apparently get arrested for "wanting to engage in a [consensual] lewd act" based on the interpretations of a police officer hanging out in a bathroom. I don't really see what he did that broke what I would think be laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see getting collared for staring into someone else's bathroom stall, but that's not what he was arrested for. He was arrested for coming on to a guy in a bathroom. Weird.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you condemn school choice and claim that we all must support public education, while sending your own kids to private schools, there is some level of hypocrisy there. Your private actions should match your public words. If public schools are good enough for everyone else, then they should be good enough for your kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only hypocrisy because you have distorted the positions.

Those opposed to vouchers are not opposed to the institution of private schools, nor are they opposed to "choice." Rather, they are opposed to using public money for private schools, in part because they believe that such a practice will weaken public schools overall.

And no one is claiming "public schools are good enough." Generally, voucher opponents are urging more spending on public schools because they acknowledge those schools are not good enough.

There is nothing inconsistent with taking the position that public schools should be strengthened, while using one's own money for private school.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:23 PM

I guess I don't see the hypocrisy here. The dude is gay but he finds out early in his career that he can be successful selling a conservative political agenda. What is the big deal? If anything, he has sacrificed a healthy sex life in order to pursue a career in public service. Of course his sexual repression can only endure so long before he seeks an unhealthy release. Picking up random sex partners in a public rest room is pretty freakin sleazy and disgusting regardless of the sexual orientation. I'd say his career as a senator is toast.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I don't see the hypocrisy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

His entire life and career is the definition of hypocrisy.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This Larry Craig guy is an active gay-basher, yet it's pretty clear that he's a closet homosexual, liar, criminal. Scary that he's a United States Senator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet, not very surprising.

To me, this is one of the great ironies of the religiously conservative political landscape. There are very few things that Jesus actually got upset about, or became "judgemental" about. Hypocrisy was definitely one of those few things. (Not gambling, drinking, prostitution, etc.) Specifically, hypocrisy of authority and leadership. I find it profoundly ironic.
http://www.bcbsr.com/survey/sgosp8.html
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM

can someone point me to a quote where he specifically bashes gays?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 PM

Dude, seriously. This congress is a like the Roman senate at the end. They got too drunk with power and turned into a bunch of corrupt hedonists. When the National Review and Rolling Stone both agree, bascially (or literally) calling them the "Worst Congress Ever", you have to listen. The republican-led Congress of the last 6 years has been farther from the Reagan small-government ideal than any democratic congress ever was. Think of how many "Frists" we didn't see or know the details of.

Just write them off. It doesn't mean conservativism is dead. Save your energy for defending ideals instead of individuals. Stop listening to Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, et al. They have a vested interest in keeping this stupid game alive.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, seriously. This congress is a like the Roman senate at the end. They got too drunk with power and turned into a bunch of corrupt hedonists. When the National Review and Rolling Stone both agree, bascially (or literally) calling them the "Worst Congress Ever", you have to listen. The republican-led Congress of the last 6 years has been farther from the Reagan small-government ideal than any democratic congress ever was. Think of how many "Frists" we didn't see or know the details of.

Just write them off. It doesn't mean conservativism is dead. Save your energy for defending ideals instead of individuals. Stop listening to Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, et al. They have a vested interest in keeping this stupid game alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt defending anyone. I was asking a question, i didnt really see any gay bashing that he specifically stated in this thread, so I was wondering if there was something out there that he said.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there, pre-determined rant, how ya doing? guids asked for Craig's heretofore unverified gay-bashing history and you go off the deep-end. There's a really cool conspiracy theory thread in politics that you can go all tazmanian devil on, if you're interested.