Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Great AP Article About GOP Screwing the Pooch with the Bill

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i am wrong, i will compare political credentials with you any day. the Dems in the House and Senate want amnesty and increase immigration. Only the Republican leadership in the House pushed for the border fence with no amnesty. Check the votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that fence will do a lot of good. LOL After they climb it, your Republican president can give them amnesty.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 PM

lol, you are a hack, you care nothing about illegal immigration, if you don't see that you make that clear, then that is your problem.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, you are a hack, you care nothing about illegal immigration, if you don't see that you make that clear, then that is your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]My dog could protect this country better than your party has done over the past few years.This idea this current group of republicans in power are the great protectors of America is insane.I could write for hours listing reasons,but if you cant see any problems as of now,it would be pointless.It is clear that some are so subservient to their idealogy,that logic and reason cease to exist in their world.This is not a trait that the republican`s have a monopoly on,but when you add christiantity to the mix,as seems to be the case with the latest crop of star republicans,it begins to get scary.Btw,the last part was not directed towards you cowboy,but to some of your leaders and their minions.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM

Also,was not a crack on christianity(add any religion as a substitute for that word),and i would be making the same arguements im sure.(see alot of middle eastern countries)
Old 11-04-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that 115 (about 60%) House Democrats voted for the new legislation, it is hard for me to follow the logic of the lynch mob saying "Republicans are facist bastards and Democrats are the pro-gambling, freedom fighting, we got rights, protest marching crowd". In fact, without the Dems yea votes, it does not pass.

Anti-gambling laws go way back; Democrats helped put them in place. Dems now helped greatly to pass the new law.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have no idea how this bill came to pass. This was the pet cause of Frist and his Republican cohorts, they pushed it, they attached it to the must-pass Port Security Bill under cover of darkness, and that idiot in the White House signed it into law. There is no way this bill would have ever passed if the Democrats had been in power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do know how it was passed and I'm telling you that if the Dems don't help it pass the House, Frist and his "cohorts" can't outwit defenseless Dems "under the cover of darkness".

One hundred and fifteen Dems, Lawman007, wanting to enforce existing laws their Democrat predecessors helped passed, simple as that, nothing "under the cover of darkness" about that, 115 yeas . Do you need a link?

I'm not saying the new law is good, but give the hate up and let's move forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fool if you think this bill would have passed with the Democrats in power, and I am moving forward by voting against every Republican that I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a fool if you think that is what I said, you are the one saying that. I am discussing reality, not your fantasies.

By the way, the law that your 115 House Dems were helping promote by voting yea, was arguably stronger than the watered down version that those "facist" and "idiot" Reps managed to pass. Need a link?

Please vote however you want, that might help your anger, then we can get to work on legalization and regulation.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:13 PM

1. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread.

2. Right-wingers that think we shouldn't blame Republicans for banning internet poker are like SF Giants fans that don't think Barry Bonds used steroids.

Thanks is all.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:25 AM

perma,

Which party pushed the bill to a vote?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perma,

Which party pushed the bill to a vote?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, mmbt, I'll bite. A Republican, then the House passed it with bipartisan support, correct?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Yes, because it was a port security bill that Frist amended due to pressure from the religious right. Voting against it would have been political suicide in all but the most leftist or the most libertarian of districts.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because it was a port security bill that Frist amended due to pressure from the religious right. Voting against it would have been political suicide in all but the most leftist or the most libertarian of districts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only libertarian district I know of appears to be this forum. They have no members of the House of Representatives and in the 2004 presidential election the Libertarian party received .3% of the vote.