Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Post your suggestions to improve the Fedex Playoffs

I haven't been overly thrilled with the concept, but I think it's working nicely. Gets the big names playing now.

At first I thought that since Tiger was so dominant he should have more of a lead going into the "playoffs", but then you think how a team can go 16-0 in the NFL and get blown out in their first playoff game and it's not so bad.

I'd only say give them another week or two off after the PGA, but all in all, there have been worse experiments.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Post your suggestions to improve the Fedex Playoffs

Have a break or make it three tournaments. Four in a row is too much. Something like 2 tournaments and then a week off would be better.

Move it up a bit. Might have to move the PGA up or something, but finish the thing before the NFL. Stupid move not to do this.

You have the play all the tournaments or you are DQ'd

Get rid of the stupid annuity payout. Just dumb. Tiger said yesterday that wouldn't it be cool to have the money all stacked up at the first tee to show what they are playing for.

Make it easier to move up or down. If you miss a cut you lose points. Right now the Top 30 guys at the start will likely be the same 30 that play the final tournament. The 144th should be able to move up without having to win every tournament.