Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 AM

Default Re: freind brags about $$ from pizza delivery

oh and t-god, np man I can see how it can be read either way.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 AM

i personally don't like telling friends or family how much i make/lose. i can make a year's rent in a day's work - to them this is crazy, since they are not accustomed to poker... or variance for that matter.
It sounds strange to myself also, though. I was humping normals jobs all through high school and into college, playing poker "part-time." But I started making exponentially more playing poker part time than I did humping a real job. Nothing like make 60 bucks working 9-5 over the summer, coming home and going +/- 500 playing poker, strange? But, to people who don't play, they just won't understand - so why bother.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to walk around and look at people working and think of how much more I make by multitabling while posting in bbv [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I buy things, I measure them in how much time it takes to make the money for it, not in how much it actually is.

So if someone tries to talk to me like I shouldn't be spending $5 on a coffee, well, sure I understand how they don't want to spend 30 minutes on a coffee, but I don't mind spending a minute or two on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that too...but I cut my hourly rate in half because I am too lazy to do more then 20 hours a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to do actually because I have to use my "conversative hourly estimate", my "most likely hourly estimate", and my "current luckbox digits"

And don't you mean your weekly rate went down? I'm currently at 5 hours/week....
Old 07-27-2006, 12:57 AM

Does anyone else have their friends come up to them with serious concern saying "I'm really worried about you, you should cash out and quit before you lose it all."? It's starting to get on my nerves because the people that are doing it have no f'in idea what they are talking about and when I try to explaing it to them they kind of laugh in a very condescending "it's so sad what he's come to" kind of way.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:04 AM

one time my dumb chinese room mate had a talk like that with me. he tried to compare poker to predicting the weather and said that the weather man is not always right, so i'm like "yeah, no [censored], but he's right like 80 percent of the time, and i definetly don't need to be right 80 percent of the time to make good money playing poker"

he also won't go swimming on a friday when he's in china because it is bad luck.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else have their friends come up to them with serious concern saying "I'm really worried about you, you should cash out and quit before you lose it all."? It's starting to get on my nerves because the people that are doing it have no f'in idea what they are talking about and when I try to explaing it to them they kind of laugh in a very condescending "it's so sad what he's come to" kind of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

standard. Then I buy them dinner and they shutup until they are hungry again.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

standard. Then I buy them dinner and they shutup until they are hungry again.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. the last person that did this came up to me right as a round of shots that I'd bought for all my friends came up, after we downed them I leaned over and said "I think I'll be ok"
Old 07-27-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just quote tommy vu when these poeple wont leave me alone, "YOU ARE LOSER! GET OUT OF MY WAY! I MAKE IT SOMEHOW!"

If you cant distance yourself form these "LOSERS!" becuase they are freinds or family or whatever, just make it very clear that poker is not a topic you are willing to discuss with them, its not thier business and they have no right to push thier illconcieved beliefs on you.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:11 AM

By default I never brag....people who don't play poker just won't/don't understand it and I don't feel like taking the time trying to explain it to them....but of course there is that occassional dick that just has to try to put me down...at that time I don't say my hourly rate I say this:

Well, I'm 22, own 4 apartment complexes, have 2 single family homes, own a website, and have a new mustang...so I'm doing fine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

p.s. not to hijack....but my brag today.... $43,000 just hit my bank account today...it triggered a phone call from the bank because they weren't used to that much money flowing in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that made me happy

p.s.s. I'm Drunk for the 2nd night in a row [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my new bar but the beat is I SUCK at making drinks...I hope I get better [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

p.s.s. I'm Drunk for the 2nd night in a row [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my new bar but the beat is I SUCK at making drinks...I hope I get better [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The stronger you make them, the less people will complain.