Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: something i always do

I tend to lead every flop that I miss when I have little chance of improving and no showdown value unless I know the opponent is so loose that he peels undercards etc. For example, 30/5 open limps, everyone else folds. I check 8 5 in the BB. Flop comes A J 2 . I lead for pot. I think you take this down plenty often enough for a bet to be profitable. Rarely do I fire again on the turn -- maybe if the board gets really scary.

IMO if you're going to autolead the most important part to making the play work is to be able to readily fire a second barrel, a lot of people will call the flop weak either to steal it later or floating with a marginal hand. in an unraised pot firing 2 bullets as BB is strong
Old 01-03-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO if you're going to autolead the most important part to making the play work is to be able to readily fire a second barrel, a lot of people will call the flop weak either to steal it later or floating with a marginal hand. in an unraised pot firing 2 bullets as BB is strong

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely true against good players who are going to float, steal, etc. However I find in my games players who are open limping are bad and aren't going to float me too often and will just give up on most flops they miss.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:58 PM

Bet or check flop based on each opponent - but do listen to CTS' advice, it's very good.

I've been mixing up a lot of 2-barreling recently into my game, and it's worked wonders. Previous I would 1 barrel, get floated on flop, and check fold turn like a nit.

Now, depending on villain and when I sense weakness, I will fire the 2nd barrel on the turn. Of course, I do the same with monsters as CTS suggests, making it difficult for your opponents to keep floating.