Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone w/ a good understanding of the mathematics of the game tried out MDMA? I was about to rec him to a friend when I came across his reply in this thread. That's a pretty egregious error he and bld made on that very simple formula.

Brain fart, or indicative of fundamental misconceptions? Or is it perhaps part of the infamous HSNL disinformation campaign?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone moving up to NL100 should book now. the list is that long.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone w/ a good understanding of the mathematics of the game tried out MDMA? I was about to rec him to a friend when I came across his reply in this thread. That's a pretty egregious error he and bld made on that very simple formula.

Brain fart, or indicative of fundamental misconceptions? Or is it perhaps part of the infamous HSNL disinformation campaign?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? A simple math error would make you not want him as a coach despite all the good strategy he's posted? Crazy.

Hopefully I'm being levelled or misunderstood the comment
Old 10-09-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? A simple math error would make you not want him as a coach despite all the good strategy he's posted? Crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree. MDMA is a great strategy poster when he decides to be.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 AM

you should probably only get MDMA or parlay if you have a thick skin though <3. They both got wicked awesome tongues
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 AM

I had about 3 sessions with soah and would recommend him. He isnt going to teach you anything crazy tricky but he knows how to play good solid poker and articulates his thoughts and reasoning very well. He has definitely helped me find a few spots where I can increase my winrate noticeably.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

I've used Bob Ciaffone because I liked some of his books.

The way he likes to work is that you send him hand histories with questions, and he sends them back with his comments.

He also sent me some excerpts from his soon-to-be published NLHE book, which I found quite useful.

I've learned a ton of good TAG stuff from him. I'd definitely recommend him.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Since I am a uNL player I dont have alot of money online, one session is like 2-5 buy ins. How does payment work I am assuming before. Any one know of a coach willing to let me use his knowledge to make the money to pay him?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Ive had tufat coach me on and off for a while. Hes never really charged me so I cant speak of his rates, but he has skyped sweated me, talking, done HH reviews, and talked to me live. I highly recommend him.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should probably only get MDMA or parlay if you have a thick skin though <3. They both got wicked awesome tongues

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly did they coach you at?!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Some other coaches I've had in the past:

When I first started and before coaching was really popular, xorbie used to sweat me. He only charged $10/hour (lol) which increased to $50 after a while. I think he currently charges like $200 hour though I'm not really sure.

He has a great knowledge of the game and definitely has some outside the box perspectives. I think that I really learned some key concepts like WA/WB and c/r-ing non-nut hands (lol). He taught me some aggressive tactics that I could use against different players.

He used to sweat me via AIM. I think he currently does skype, though not sure.

I've had carrotsnake sweat me for an hour as well. He charged $60/hour and we used skype. carrot is definitely a great great player and also a good coach. Like xorbie, he had some different perspectives on the game and he helped me 'un-nit' myself a little by giving me some other plays to think about.

I also can recommend some of the guys that I talk to regularly like goofy, tufat, carrot, terp, maulik- all are great guys and definitely very smart.
Closed Thread