Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Default That was your opening email ? ... All caps was a nice touch.

"1st email to cakepoker:
WHY DOES MY CAKE ACCOUNT NOT HAVE MONEY BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED? AS OF NOW THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE AND I WILL DISPUTE IT."

I can see why they cherish your business.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

"it was clear I was not going to do a chargeback."

Are you kidding ? Your ranting opening email had "irrational" all over it in capital letters. How was it clear that you were not going to "do a chargeback" when you were threatening that vbery course of conduct ?

Why shouldn't they close your account ?

You hardly seem like a good value customer in their eyes; how long after the charge posted at your bank did you write your 1st ALL CAPS email, threatening a chargeback ? 10 minutes, 20 minutes ?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Since you posted I feel compelled to comment. My $0.02:

(1) As your card was charged and CakePoker didn't live up to their end of the bargain (credit your account) and didn't respond to inquires about such, it was a fraudulent charge on the part of CakePoker. You were entirely in the right to threaten chargeback at this point.

(2) Once cake poker made this right by crediting your account, and there's nothing more they can possibly do for you, you still threaten them about making a public stink over this. D-bag move.

(3) After that Cake decided they don't want your custom. They refunded your money and closed your account, which they are entirely within their rights to do.

So unless this gets reported to some central list or other sites or something which gets you blackballed (d-bag move on Cake Poker's part if they follow through on THAT threat), then I think everything came out OK in the wash here. You got all your money back and Cake doesn't want your business.

While I don't think you have a beef here, it does seem they acted in an unprofessional tone and manner and I'm sorry it went down like this.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that ends any chance I'll ever deposit there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Reef,

This is what happens when you mess with a company run by real people. Messing with Stars or Party is easy because they are just a big, ugly corporate machine. No feelings. Messing with Cake is like messing with the owner of your local bodega.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 PM

Milton, I was very professional in my first email and the fact that it was all in caps has nothing to do with anything. Content is what matters , Not font / size / caps.

(are you a shill for cake? what is your connection to cake poker? or are you just a troll?)
Old 07-05-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(2) Once cake poker made this right by crediting your account, and there's nothing more they can possibly do for you, you still threaten them about making a public stink over this. D-bag move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people deserve to know whenever any kind of cashier issue occurs from an online site, however trivial it may be.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 PM

I think the screaming email was a bit overboard. You should have known they didn't intentionally try to rob you of $54 and approached the situation more calmly.

That said, Cake Poker has no business responding in such a snide tone and returning threats to you. That is the way rude customers behave, not respectable businesses. They are out of line here.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Milton, I was very professional in my first email and the fact that it was all in caps has nothing to do with anything. Content is what matters , Not font / size / caps.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are very, very, very wrong. Typing in all caps is extremely unprofessional and incredibly annoying. If you were calling a business and the person who answered the phone yelled "XYZ COMPANY WHAT CAN I HELP YOU WITH?!?!?!", then you'd probably just hang up, wouldn't you? Even if the person answers all your questions, the fact that he yelled makes you... not really want to deal with them.

Typing in all caps is the same thing as yelling online.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM

I AM SO OUTRAGED BY THIS I AM NEVER EATING ANY CAKE AGAIN

I'M GONNA MISS YOU , CHOCOLATE GATEAU