Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the routing from your connection to the FT server is just bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Please read what has been posted. This has been addressed already.

[ QUOTE ]
Share the same ISP by chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Please read what has been posted. This has been addressed already.

[Edit: I'm sorry if I'm being kind of harsh but I am tired of posters coming into this thread, completely ignoring what has already been posted, and saying "lolz d00d it must be ur internet wirez ru sure theyre plugged in?"]
Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 PM

I am taking my ball and going home too.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 PM

When I complained to FTP about lag they said it was because I had wireless internet. How they can operate a major site and have that be an issue is beyond me, but if u really wanna play at the same site as Phil Ivey you can connect the cable directly to ur comp.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I complained to FTP about lag they said it was because I had wireless internet. How they can operate a major site and have that be an issue is beyond me, but if u really wanna play at the same site as Phil Ivey you can connect the cable directly to ur comp.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is BS.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
full tilt constantly lags. it started yesterday - before yesterday, no problems whatsoever. however since yesterday, i have been lagging every 15 minutes, consistently. the tables will become unresponsive, Full Tilt says my connectivity is bad, and i time out on every table.

i am almost 100% positive this is not on my side. it is a server side issue, and i have heard others have had similar problems.

without disconnect protection (not that it would really matter as i disconnect now every 15 minutes) i will not play on full tilt. without a dedicated, stable server and connection, will not play on full tilt. i find it ridiculous that a site such as this, especially if it hopes to pick up the player base that party dropped, cannot keep a good connection.

i cashing out and not returning until this issue is fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't read the responses. I've spent some playing time at Stars over the past coupla years. Never really had a problem. Bought a new cheapie wireless router in March. Discovered in Spetember that the router was faulty and wouldn't connect with certain IPs. WTF? Who ever heard of a router that worked fine for the most part but had problems with a particular IP or domain. Nonetheless, went through multiple testing / changing variables / etc. before router company issued an RMA so I could get a replacement unit.

Installed the replacement unit about two weeks ago. Problematic IP / domain now works fine, as do most IP / domains. Stars started disconnected constantly. Bitched at Stars. Performed online connectivity tests. Eventually plugged an ethernet cable into cable modem and Stars is fine. Plugged in same ethernet cable to router (so not a wireless issue), which was working fine for general internet access, Stars connection is listed as bad and I disconnect constantly.

I returned a faulty router that worked for 95%+ of my internet activities because one site was blocked. Got a replacement unit. Now 95%+ is fine but Stars connectivity is FUBAR. How in the hell does hardware mess up connections to certain IPs / domains? I don't know, but in my case it is certainly a known phenomena.

I don't play Full Tilt and have no opinion on that. But if you own a D-Link router, don't rule out hardware problems that you might otherwise never suspect.