Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Fun with OCD - Time for updates(long)

I do a couple of things that have already been mentioned, one that hasn't:

I always put deodorant on left pit first, then right. I count in my head each "swipe" ("stroke"? I can't come up with a good verb for the act of putting on deodorant), and whatever total that is for my left arm (oddly enough, it's not uniform) I do exactly one more swipe/stroke under my right arm.

-McGee
Old 02-08-2007, 03:21 PM

your number quirks also reminded me of some odd things i do with numbers as well. I always add things up to 10's. Whenever i see the number 7 i think of the number 3 in order to "complete" the number or something. pretty weird. I notice it most with 7's but 6 and 4 is pretty common too. I feel the need to complete to the nearest 10.

I also like to walk on the left side of people. For whatever strange reason i feel more comfortable there and tend to conciously or subconciously move to the left side.

maybe I am OCD afterall..
Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Dali,

Definitely worth doing an update thread, always fascinating to hear new random weird crap like this.

Here are a couple of prior threads for more examples of weirdness:

Weird OCD stuff

Walking OCD stuff
Old 02-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Interesting stuff. I don't have OCD but I sometimes do crazy [censored] like the stuff in this thread. For example:

Whenever I hear some broadcaster use the noun "None" coupled with the verb "have" I have to correct them. None has. Split infinitives bother me too, e.g. "To boldly go where no one has gone before..." To go boldly. Actually, lots of grammar stuff bugs the pants off of me.

When I'm concentrating I'll pull out the odd beard hair - the ones that are all bent and wriggly. I'll realize I'm doing it, make sure no one saw me, then forget and do it again a little later.

I hate having junk in my ears, so I use 4-5 qtips every day.

I get nervous when my wife leaves the cabinet doors open, like when putting dishes away. This is a real fear, though, as I've whacked my melon about 45,000 times because of her leaving the damn cabinet doors open.

I get migraines. One odd sympotm I experience is I visualize the text of others' speech. I could be watching Star Trek or something and it's like I'm reading the script in my head. This happens before the migraine pops, and now I recognize it as a warning sign. The worst is when this happens and I'm in a meeting, seeing the words my dumb-ass colleagues are using to try to look impressive.